Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
ElectricianJob ID 53488
The Power & Control Specialist (PCS) is an hourly position, reporting to the Maintenance Leader. The PCS maintains all instrumentation, electrical and electronic devices and systems in the Wichita Falls Plant, including computer based control systems and medium voltage power distribution systems. This is a diverse role combining skills and abilities for electrical and electronic equipment and systems.
- Live the Owens Corning Amarillo Safety Stand and meet all quarterly safety requirements.
- Participate in the safety, quality, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant; including but not limited to Kaizen, Central Safety Committee, etc.
- Perform job tasks in a manner to reduce an adverse impact to the environment and adhere to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Perform work tasks from SAP generated work descriptions and orders.
- Troubleshoot, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and maintain electrical equipment and systems such as winder motors and motor controls, general power distribution, lighting, etc.
- Troubleshoot, dismantle, repair, reassemble, maintain, and calibrate electronic equipment, controls, and instrumentation such as Variable Frequency Drives, servo systems, transmitters, displays, printed circuits, etc.
- Troubleshoot, dismantle, repair, reassemble, and maintain Medium Voltage Power Distribution Systems and equipment as needed and trained.
- Troubleshoot and repair Programmable Logic Control (PLC) systems and components, specifically, Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, MicroLogix, CompactLogix, SLC, PLC5, and Siemens S7.
- Utilize information obtained from engineering drawings, electrical schematics and diagrams, simple and complex sketches, other related documents, and verbal field instructions needed to perform assigned duties.
- Complete accurate records and reports needed for the PCS role in SAP plant maintenance module.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the nature of this position, as directed by the area leader.
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must possess and understand basic electrical theories including OHMS law and DC current
- Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations including algebra, geometry, and basic trigonometry
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
The employee must be able to:
- Utilize SAP for data entry and reporting
- Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
- General knowledge of Microsoft office suite
The employee should have the following:
- 4 years electrical/electronic/instrumentation experience in industrial/manufacturing environment. Combination of college and experience will be considered
- Two years Associate degree in electrical or Electronic Systems Technology is preferred but not required
This position requires:
- Ability to be on-call during off hours for emergencies.
- Stand for extended prolonged periods.
- Work overtime, as needed.
- Utilize hand dexterity.
- Physically able to qualify, wear, and utilize all required PPE
- Climb and work from ladders, both portable and fixed
- Climb stairs
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.