Waxahachie, Texas, United States
Industrial MechanicJob ID 43446
Location: Waxahachie, Texas - United States
Position available for a senior craft maintenance mechanic/Millwright in a Fiberglass manufacturing facility. Position will troubleshoot, repair, and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, conveyor systems, pneumatic and hydraulic systems, production machines, pumps, material handling equipment, blending/mixing systems, etc.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnose and repair mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic issues on all plant equipment.
2. Perform preventative maintenance tasks using CMS system (SAP).
3. Complete work orders in a timely manner to the highest quality standards.
4. Daily reporting of all work performed - effective shift pass downs and electronic entries.
5. Performs precision maintenance tasks such as alignment, balancing, machine setup, etc.
6. Maintain complete personal tool inventory necessary to perform job functions.
7. Perform all tasks in accordance with company safety and GMP policies/guidelines.
8. Order/generate parts request and help to maintain adequate inventory organization and help maintain accurate stock status.
9. Maintains safe and clean working environment at all times
10. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Mechanical Skills (including but not limited to):
1. Ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise. Strong understanding of OSHA safety guidelines. Execute and maintain safety procedures in order to eliminate all accidents.
2. Proficient with pipefitting, and sheet metal fabrication.
3. Proficient with operating equipment installation and troubleshooting.
4. Must have extensive experience working on pneumatic systems, piping and pump systems, conveyors, gear boxes, etc.
5. Must be skilled at MIG, TIG and other types of welding. (Welding certification a plus).
6. Experience running, maintaining, and troubleshooting high speed manufacturing equipment.
7. Perform preventative maintenance on all production equipment in accordance with the established schedule that is determined and assigned by the department supervisor. Ensure preventative maintenance tasks are completed.
8. Overhaul, dismantle, and reassemble equipment.
Additional Skills Required
1. Maintain computerized daily work logs and update equipment and performance records.
2. Complete work orders for equipment repairs and parts.
3. Oversee major projects, i.e., new equipment installation, major equipment modifications, etc.
4. Design and install improvements to equipment to enhance quality, safety, or increase of production.
5. Read and understand electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic schematics, blueprints, and equipment drawings and manuals.
6. Maintain good housekeeping in all production areas and shop.
7. Use of data, internet, and catalogs to locate equipment parts SAP experience a plus.
8. Ability to make continuous process improvements.
9. Familiar with Six Sigma and 5S work practices.
10. Self motivated, open minded, intuitive team player with a good working attitude and good interpersonal skills, and a solid work ethic.
11. PC proficient using MS Office.
12. Experience with computerized mechanical maintenance systems (SAP, MP2, etc).
13. Capable of working without direct supervision, capable of following verbal and written instructions with minimum supervision.
14. Ability to work independently as well as efficiently in a team environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be 18 years or older.
2. High School diploma or GED.
3. Must be able to pass a pre-employment literacy test (ACT WorkKeys)
4. Minimum of two years technical training and/or five plus years of proven related maintenance experience or an equivalent combination of both education and experience preferred.
Department of Labor Journeyman Millwright certification a plus.
4. Must be able to complete forklift and man lift certifications.
5. Be able to work 12 hour shifts, overtime, and weekends/holidays as scheduled.
Please note: Applications must be filled out completely - incomplete applications will not be considered. Resumes are welcome, but are not a substitute for completing the application.
About Owens CorningOwens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2015 sales of $5.4 billion and employs about 16,000 people in 25 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 62 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.