Waxahachie, Texas, United States
EHS LeaderJob ID 53331
The Environment, Health, and Safety Leader must maintain a leadership presence on the plant floor, influence employees, and engage them in all aspects of safety and environmental processes. This position leads the development, implementation, and evaluation of critical safety and environmental process, programs, and procedures in order to achieve a zero-injury and zero-NOV environment. The successful candidate provides leadership and applies technical abilities to engage employees at all levels of the organization in order to sustain world-class safety and environmental processes.
Reports to: This position reports directly to the Plant Leader and has functional reporting to the Division EHS Network. This position serves as a member of the Plant Leadership Team.
Span of Control: The position has 3 direct reports. The Waxahachie Plant has approximately 340 employees.
Live the Safety Stand; adhere to the safety and environmental responsibilities
- Transform plant safety and environmental performance to world-class levels that align with division and Owens Corning corporate goals
- Build and foster a safety culture among all plant employees
- Reduce the plant’s environmental foot print in the community
Develop skills and grow capabilities in the plant
- Drive the strategic plan of plant to obtain world class results
- Coach, mentor, and re-direct personnel in the plant in order to develop Extraordinary Leaders
- Assess effectiveness of plant leadership from a safety perspective and provide developmental guidance as required
- Develop and implement training programs in a coordinated effort with appropriate plant personnel
- Continually reinforce the Company’s stand on safety
- Recognize employee accomplishments and contributions
Oversee compliance with governmental regulations and corporate programs
- Ensure regulatory compliance of all environmental permits and processes
- Create, maintain, and oversee the compliance calendar for all regulatory requirements
- Effectively address enforcement actions from local, state or federal agencies
- Provide expert technical support in identifying, and resolving, critical regulatory issues.
- Ensure adherence to corporate policies and programs
- Maintain the corporate management systems
- Address deficiencies in internal EHS audits
Oversee medical department and corporate wellness programs
- Act as a wellness champion for the facility – coordinate events, Virgin Pulse activities, workers compensation and disability management
- Oversee medical department policy and programs to drive risk reduction – gym, health initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in any field related to EH&S, such as industrial hygiene, engineering, science or equivalent
- Six to Eight years of progressive manufacturing safety experience
- Professional certification preferred (CSP)
- Experience in union environment preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety compliance law and industrial hygiene
- Ability to identify hazards, critical process, and system needs and implement appropriate action plans
- Ability to establish agreement and consensus with management
- Ability to effectively engage employees (union and non-union) is critical
- Ability to initiate and lead cross-functional teams and management / union committees to achieve objectives
- Adept at developing and delivering safety training
- Skillful in driving and managing change
- Ability to integrate resources across the organization
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.