Technical Lead - Payroll & HR Systems
Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
The Technical Lead - Payroll & HR Systems at Owens Corning is responsible for knowing the technical components of SAP Payroll or SAP Employee Central Payroll and the SuccessFactors platform. This position is accountable for understanding technical issues, designing best in class solutions, and working to implement and support those solutions. An individual in this position needs to act as a consultant to members of the HR Systems team to ensure our systems are meeting the needs of our functional partners and users. Additionally, an individual in this position will maintain a close working relationship with our third-party technology partners. A Technical Lead - Payroll & HR Systems should be an expert in HR technology emerging market trends. They should have awareness of all HR technology and be able to evaluate options based on the needs of and value to Owens Corning. This role is accountable for shaping the long-term vision of HR Systems by providing input to the systems roadmap.
At Owens Corning, our award-winning Global Information Services (GIS) organization is driving our company’s vision of global growth. GIS is ranked number 2 – large companies in IDG Computerworld’s 2018 “Top places to work in IT, “ and is on the CIO Magazine Top 100. Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: GIS HR Systems Leader
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Partnering with functional HR Systems team for reliable operations of systems and functional processes
- Technical support of payroll operations; identify gaps in system configuration and develop solutions to that meet functional payroll requirements.
- Technical consultant for yearly recurring HR processes
- Ensure our HR systems enable efficient HR processes; understand gaps in existing processes and provide input into how our technology can be used to solve them.
- Provide relevant technology insight to the project and operational portfolio
- Establish a partnership with the HR function and be a key IT resource to provide guidance and support
Accountable for maintaining a sustainable and scalable HR systems landscape and solutions
- Subject matter expert in SAP Payroll. Fully understand the technical design of the system and how it impacts other HR systems.
- Subject matter expert in SAP SuccessFactors, Kronos, and other HR technology platforms. Responsible for leading design work of these systems and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Be a technology partner and consultant for third party developers; build out flexible solutions based on functional design. Ensuring all solutions meet OC standards.
- Partner with HR Systems Solution Architect to build out technology vision for HR Systems roadmap; ensure solutions will meet the future needs of the HR Systems roadmap
- Fully and accurately document all solutions and ensure HR technology documentation remains up to date
GIS HR Systems Team
- Provide SAP payroll design consultation to the HR Systems team
- Be a partner to other members of the HR Systems team; provide education on technical solutions as required to ensure work being delivered considers how HR technology may be impacted
- Participate in regular team meetings and events, provide a technical voice to increase awareness across the broader team
Network and connect with technical SMEs and architects across the GIS organization
- Bachelor's Degree required, post-graduate degree or equivalent experience preferred in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Information Technology
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience within Information Technology industry
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP Payroll; exposure to SAP Employee Central Payroll is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP/SuccessFactors HR Suite is preferred
- Practical experience with HR and payroll operations is required
- Competent in project management theory, knowledge, skills, tools and techniques
- Experience with web-based applications
- Prior SAP deployment experience
- Technology – Expertise of SAP Payroll is required; expertise of SAP SuccessFactors, SAP Employee Central Payroll and SAP HCM suite preferred
- Leadership – Ability to partner effectively with team members, business partners, and 3rd party partners
- Change Management – Demonstrated ability to lead and sustain changes in business process improvements
- Global/Matrix Exposure – Has worked well in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.