Toledo, Ohio, United States
Sr AuditorJob ID 53305
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Owens Corning Corporate Audit Services takes a unique approach by partnering with the business to perform compliance and process audits, acquisition integration, and risk management in order to deliver value to the organization.
Our structured talent model prepares individuals for promotional or rotational leadership roles in the company. The audit team is known as a pipeline for internal talent, developing future leaders by creating opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally. In this role you will have the opportunity to work with diverse teams throughout the organization and given exposure to senior leadership.
Owens Corning recognizes the importance of work/life balance, this position requires an average of 15% travel.
The Senior Auditor will provide leadership and direction to research a wide variety of business scenarios, perform root cause analysis, and create the compelling case for change to improve operational processes and deliver business value. This position is also responsible for supporting audits of the Company's domestic and international operations, subsidiaries, partnerships, licensees and vendors. Assignments are balanced between compliance audits and operational assessments.
Reports to: Internal Audit, Senior Manager
Span of Control: The Senior Auditor may have the opportunity to lead teams of 3-6 people, composed of audit team members, guest auditors, and co-source partners.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times and proliferate safety leadership
- Demonstrate knowledge of Owens Corning business and internal control standards, policies and procedures, and other laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate thought leadership by asking insightful questions, providing solutions-oriented perspective, and communicating thoughts effectively.
- Display a thirst for learning and a positive attitude in a challenging and often ambiguous environment.
- Drive continuous improvement and high energy through process excellence, teamwork and positivity.
- Support audits and project work with high standards of performance
- Adhere to well-defined audit protocols including, scoping and sample selection methodology, documentation and reporting standards.
- Provide value added business consulting and analytical support utilizing Business Information (BI) tools and techniques.
- Influence and manage stakeholder’s expectations while maintaining independent view.
- Bachelor’s degree required (finance, accounting or related business area)
- Minimum 2 years prior accounting or audit (preferred) work experience
- Ability to travel up to 15% (both domestic and international)
- Experience with a manufacturing company preferred.
- CPA, CIA, or CMA preferred
- Masters Degree or MBA preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of internal controls
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management skills
- Proven ability to coach and deliver results working through others
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred#LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.