Location:Toledo, Ohio - United States
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist, Asphalt – PADD 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Reports to: Director Asphalt Sourcing
Span of Control: Individual role with assigned responsibilities
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Roofing and Asphalt (R&A) Sourcing Specialist maintains a critical strategic and tactical role within Asphalt that supports key internal and external stakeholders. This role is the liaison linking Asphalt Sourcing, Commercial Businesses, Trumbull Plants, OC Transportation, Asphalt & Chemical Suppliers, and OC Supply Chain.
Efficient flow of materials to OC Trumbull Asphalt Plants is critical to optimal operations. The role supports this efficient flow by ensuring OC initiates on-time payment to suppliers, guaranteeing flawless alignment and execution of the purchase order and goods received process accurately and efficiently across the network.
The Sourcing Specialist will support the business by leveraging processes and partnerships to ensure quality raw materials arrive to the right plants, in the right quantities, at the right time. This position partners with Sourcing Leaders, OC Supply Chain, and Transportation to optimize the network and minimize unnecessary costs.The role will assist with monitoring and overseeing raw material lead times, order quantities, inventory programs, and inventory target levels minimizing added operational costs associated with third party terminal usage, demurrage, redirects, and rebills.
The Sourcing Specialist must establish and preserve excellent professional communications and business relationships with the above stated key stakeholders to successfully execute strategies and tactical requirements. Ownership of these relationships as they correlate directly to the job responsibilities
The Specialist will document, maintain, and advance processes in the spirt of Owens Corning’s philosophy of continuous improvement by focusing on ways to eliminate waste, identify opportunities, and standardize processes.
- Support all buying activities to ensure the proper mix of raw materials is available for optimization at assigned manufacturing facilities at time of production
- Act as a liaison between production planning, operations, and external suppliers in managing the supply of raw materials
- Create and maintain accurate master data in SAP including material master, vendor master, and info records etc.
- Work with plant controllers to ensure formulations are set up and managed appropriately
- Continuously improve sourcing processes with the objective of minimizing manual system workarounds
- Timely communication of supplier issues, problems and/or opportunities to the appropriate commodity leader or other key stakeholder
- Participate in cross-functional and multi-divisional team efforts, as assigned and fully represent the Owens Corning business and functional strategies to all groups or teams worked with
Operational and Cost Management Metrics
- Contribute to the achievement of year over year improvements to inbound supply chain costs for assigned raw materials
- Minimize financial impact of obsolete and aged raw materials
- Monitor the Good Receipts Not Invoiced (GRNI) and invoice kickout reports to ensure suppliers are paid promptly and lead root cause analysis with suppliers, plants, and Shared Services to avoid future recurrences
- Contribute to the achievement of annual working capital
- Contribute ideas to the productivity and cost savings pipeline
- Be an active participant in driving manufacturing productivity by working collaboratively with commodity leaders, suppliers, and manufacturing support / S&T
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, business, or a related field
- 3-5 years of related work experience in sourcing, procurement, supply chain, or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of supply chain management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrates a customer-centric mindset whether working with internal or external stakeholders
- Possesses strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities, projects, and effectively communicate results
- Can operate effectively in a fast paced, day to day operations work environment
- Ability to work both independently and with a team in a matrix environment
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Ability to make and recommend data-supported decisions
- Demonstrates a sense of curiosity and creativity in approaching, mitigating, and resolving problems
- High work standards / quality
- General supply chain and business acumen
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office suite
- Functional understanding of SOX principles
- Lean Six Sigma and/or CPIM designation is a plus #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.