Toledo, Ohio, United States
Senior Commercial Finance AnalystJob ID 53254
The Senior Financial Analyst partners with the GM, Commercial leaders, and Operations team to provide financial analytics that drive business results in support of the short-term and long-term value of the assets, liabilities and investments. The position delivers analysis as part of the pricing processes, linking financial results to operational performance drivers. The position interfaces with field sales and pricing operations driving continuous improvement to deliverables and processes. The Senior Financial Analyst will be a dynamic leader within the business by providing valuable decision support analysis and driving business success. The position is an important part of the financial talent pipeline and serves as a feeder for field sales, manufacturing finance, and corporate roles (i.e. sales manager, plant controller, corporate financial analyst, etc.)
Reports to: Commercial Finance Leader
Span of Control: No direct reports
Influence the performance of the business segment
- Analyze Commercial markets across channels; assess competitive activity & volume/share positions, and forecast price & revenue.
- Help manage continuous improvement opportunities with field sales and pricing operations (e.g. channel conflict, process efficiency changes) in support of more profitable, faster, and more accurate pricing decisions.
- Assist in SIP administration and related change management.
- Provide decision support by financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects such as planning, formulating and conducting financial studies to define performance plans for short and long-range business segment goals.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advise management accordingly to ensure targeted financial performance achievement.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational objectives for the segment that are aligned to Corporate and Group strategic objectives
Create Accurate Forecasts and Plans while managing clear, controlled reporting and analysis
- Translates the strategic and operational plans of the business into the sales plan. Communicates plan expectations to field sales and manages follow-up activities including sales plan/ops plan reconciliation.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year
- Drives group price and revenue forecasting process through collaboration across the business
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Apply external perspective and maintain knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure that business leaders are effective in creating and executing the business segment’s strategy and operating plan.
Lead across the company, business group, and finance function
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Team with others across the Company, business group and Finance function to maximize performance of Owens Corning and lead change.
- Influence Business Segment leaders and elevate the performance of the Finance function.
- Lead the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies across the Finance function and throughout the segment.
- Is an effective member of the segment finance team
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business by teaching financial acumen and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision making occurs throughout the corporation.
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives
- Share business and financial best practices across the segment, group and Company.
Lead an effective financial controls environment
- Support process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Ensure assets are safe-guarded in order to maximize financial performance.
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning.
- Maintain independence in the view and assessment of the business control environment.
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Financial Leader for the business group.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required with MBA strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel / PowerPoint / Access) skills
- 4+ years progressive Financial Analysis experience
- Success in a market-facing role with direct customer interaction
- Experience working in highly competitive market pricing environment
- Demonstrated process focus and organized work style
- Experience functioning in a highly-matrix structure
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
- Experience with SAP, Business Information, and high level of excel expertise required.
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
- Experience with financial planning and forecasting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting business priorities
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Enjoys keeping score to know whether the business segment is winning
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual
- Owns misses and learns from failure
- Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.