Sales Operations Analyst
Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
The Sales Operations Analyst is a member of the Glass Reinforcements Commercial Sales Team and is responsible for the delivery of accurate data for internal and external volume/revenue/margin reporting for all customers purchasing products sold through our GRS NA sales organization. The Sales Operations Analyst provides analytical leadership and support to the GRS Sales organization through gathering, analyzing, preparing, and effectively summarizing and communicating recommendations based on customer sales data across multiple customer and product lines, to support strategic customer decisions. The Sales Operations Analyst maintains direct contact with the sales team and performance objectives are aligned with the sales team.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Sales Distribution Leader
Data Analytics: Maintain, analyze and report on customer data
- Establish/update Customer Group, Market Identification, Market View, and Product Hierarchy to insure accurate Sales Credit and Customer Reporting.
- Establish/update territories/regions, territory/customer assignments for current customers as well as both customer/business acquisitions.
- Utilizes analytical tools to provide business and customer insight into key region and market initiatives
- Act as liaison between marketing and field sales teams to assess needs and track the success of efforts
- Provide in time analysis on markets and daily trends, ensuring forecasts represent Risks and Opportunities of customer specific and market conditions
- Ad hoc reporting: Own customized internal/external reporting as requested by our Customers, Area Sales Managers, Key Account Manager, and Commercial Leadership
- Sales Incentive Plan (SIP) analysis and communication across all North American Business, Sales and Finance leadership to acquire sales plan data and SIP exceptions, in addition to loading/communicating/maintaining sales plans and reporting.
- Annual Business Plan preparation, quarterly review preparation
- Assist ASMs in PVM trend identification focused on Direct and Distribution
Build marketing capabilities required to successfully execute commercial strategy
- Identify gaps in the marketing and commercial organization in tools, processes and capabilities, and drive actions to address them, including on the job training, workshops, formal training, tools and framework proliferation
- Establish a mindset of continuous improvement around commercial excellence, acting as a catalyst for identification and dissemination within CSB of best in class tools and reporting to maximize sales force effectiveness
System Administration: Function as one of the primary contacts for Sales in relation to the BI (Business Information) System, Pricing (SAR), CRM System
- Initiate/update user access, provide direct support on user-functionality issues, provide super user training and materials.
- Maintain sales reporting folders and reports, in addition to keeping up with and relaying system enhancements to users.
- Sales Tool “super user” to design, recommend, implement, troubleshoot and train sales team on necessary updates to drive sales force effectiveness.
- Provide analytics and insights driven by data included in CRM system
Sales Ownership: Own SMOI (Slow Moving and Obsolete Inventory) and B-Grade sales plan, strategy, and execution including contract negotiations
- Accountable to partner with supply chain and finance to understand available inventory and negotiate the most EBIT accretive sales plan
Process & Program Support: Provide backup coverage and support to Sales Representatives and Leaders
- Situational Sales Negotiation preparation for ASMs and Key Account Managers
- Vigorous sales and product onboarding and training regimen administration
- Adhoc support for outsides sales team support of Pricing (SAR), customer claims, forecasts, and other internally driven demands
- Lead customer specific special projects that require execution and coordination with cross functional team.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office required, with high emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Sufficient proficiency with SAP and BI required.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Analytics experience with proven ability to draw insights from data
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Commercial - Understands the customers’ needs and translates them into customized solutions that bring value to the customer while capturing fair value for Owens Corning
- Analytical –Market analytics and financial acumen with experience building financial models
- Strategic – Capable of translating high-level business ideation discussions into a tight executable strategy
- Ability to Influence and Lead – Must be able to exert influence and leadership across the organization while holding little formal authority.
- Partnering: Collaborates across boundaries to build strategic relationships and achieve common objectives.
- Alignment and Decision Making: Shows good, independent judgment. Involves the appropriate individuals in the discussion but ultimately owns decisions and commits to a course of action.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Positively influence the activity of others, both internal and external, toward the attainment of business goals. Includes active listening, ability to coach and mentor others (including non-subordinate colleagues). Demonstrated success as a member of a business team and can effectively deal with conflict.
- Planning/Organizing: Can focus on key business priorities and translate this focus into productive results by clarifying goals and roles of the team and individuals that will work on the project. Track record of successful project management and productive use of the available resources.
- Communication: Clearly and concisely conveys information, both written and verbal. Shares information, perspective and ideas openly with all levels of the organization, without invitation, and early enough to avoid crises.
- Self-Driven and Action Oriented: Motivated to do or achieve something because of one's own enthusiasm or interest; self-motivated
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.