Toledo, Ohio, United States
Pricing ManagerJob ID 53297
Pricing & Strategy Manager, Components
The Pricing Manager provides strategic direction and analytics which support the short and long-term price and business strategies for the Components business. The position will partner closely with Business Development Leaders and field Sales to execute pricing strategies to maximize business performance from all aspects of price volume and mix components. The Pricing Manager will collaborate with various Business Development and Regional Sales Leaders to make pricing decisions; ensuring customers are priced competitively within similar and adjacent markets, across channels, and outside standard building industry. The components business is an aggressive growth opportunity and requires flexible & innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will have the ability to excel in a matrix organization, as this role will regularly interact with sales, marketing, supply chain, finance and pricing operations functions. The individual will work with these functions as needed, via day to day price management, special projects, price forecasting and demand planning. The components business is comprised of serval product portfolios and competes on different scales within the building industry and specialty coated wovens industry.
This position reports to the Components Pricing & Strategy Leader.
Influence the performance of the business through price and volume management.
- Partner with Business Development & Regional Sales Leaders to develop and refine regional pricing strategies that maximize EBIT while delivering share goals.
- Responsible for the execution of the Roofing Components pricing strategy, with pricing approval authority.
- Understand and articulate the competitive landscape, various market dynamics, and the potential implications to our price & margin performance.
- Analyze markets within and across channels, driving action where necessary to ensure our customers are positioned to win with our products in the market.
- Work closely with BDL’s, Sales Leaders and Area Sales Managers on new business opportunities, while anticipating and considering the competitive reaction to mitigate market disruption.
- Partner with and coach the pricing operations team to maximize the customer experience through clear price communications and expectations.
- Work with the sales team to structure competitive annual programs that maximize the return on investment.
- Understand new market opportunities and help bring new products to market by collaborating with sales, science & technology and product management. Ensure an appropriate price strategy is applied.
Drive execution of pricing & business strategy work.
- Provide insightful competitive analytics that drive decision making and factor fluid markets.
- Provide ad hoc analytics and reporting for senior leadership, which provide visibility to progress towards the business’ goals.
- Apply external perspective and maintain knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers and profit drivers.
- Work closely with BDL’s & Regional Sales leaders to understand our forward and backward-looking market share position, and ensure our pricing actions enable us to, minimally, maintain our historical share position and most importantly grow in our rapid growth model.
- Partner with finance colleagues to provide insights into the drivers of price and volume variances to plan and forecast.
- Provide insight as to how market dynamics and competitive activity may impact financial results.
Lead across the Company & Business
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Team with others across the company and business to maximize the performance of the Roofing business.
- Act as a resource to our commercial organization, to provide thought leadership to ensure our actions maximize shareholder value.
- Work across organization boundaries and at all levels of the company to achieve the business’ objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required. MBA preferred
- 5+ Finance or business related experience
- Analyzing market & pricing trends and recommending action based on analytics
- Demonstrated process focus and organized work style
- Experience functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels to take appropriate action
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition and the market to drive business decisions
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions
- Strong communication skills demonstrated by effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions
- Ability to teach others and get others to offer information and their point of view
- Can successfully form and deliver unpopular messages
- Thinks Strategically
- Acts on Analytics
- Generate Ideas
- Competitively Drive Results
- Collaborate and Foster Teamwork
- Follow Through on Commitments and Promises
- Inspire and Energize Others
- Engage Self and Others in Learning
- Leadership Presence
- Thrives in Ambiguousness
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.