Toledo, Ohio, United States
FP&A Senior Analyst IIJob ID 53436
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Financial Planning and Analysis (“Senior FP&A”) Analyst provides analytical support and leadership to the Insulation Finance team and the Insulation business leadership. The Senior FP&A Analyst gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for strategic and operating plans as well as near-term financial forecasts. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the consolidation and reporting of financials of the business including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Global FP&A Director
- Live the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies and personal safety action plan at all times
- Business planning and Forecasting
- Develops and maintains financial models and consolidation tools to support the operating and strategic plans and forecasts
- Ensures integrity and quality of financial and statistical data
- Identifies process inefficiencies and information gaps, and bridges those gaps through process design and re-engineering as it relates to forecasting, planning and financial modeling
- Continuously builds an intimate knowledge of the Insulation businesses in order to provide insightful analysis in comparison of actual results to submitted budgets and forecasts
- Works closely with the business leaders and Corporate FP&A team to ensure timely and accurate consolidation of operating and strategic plans
- Works closely with Director and Vice-President of Insulation Finance on critical financial matters
- Reporting and analysis
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own an integrated and consolidated financial forecast analysis model that provides a forecast of the business.
- Monitor the business unit’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Insulation Accounting team.
- Lead the management reporting process and produce the monthly finance reports including in-depth analysis on variances reconciling actual results compared to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Business Unit communication through management decks and is the key point of contact to the NA business team for SG&A spend and working capital.
- Assists in preparation of presentations to OC Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Performs trend analysis on an array of critical business metrics including SG&A spending, working capital, and cash flow.
- Driving segment profitability
- Provide insightful analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Uncovers deterioration in business operations and assures accountable action plans are in place to assure maximum margin realization
- Assures accountable action plans are in place to mitigate risk
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.
- 5-10 years of experience in Corporate Finance of broadening assignments and experience, with expertise in a number of functional areas.
- Experience in multi-national, manufacturing corporations in a corporate setting desirable.
- Exceptional corporate and operational financial analytical skills.
- Identifies associations between seemingly independent events to recognize trends in financial forecasts, problems before they arise and possible cause-effect relationships.
- Ability to accumulate, organize and manipulate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems and their causes. Compare, contrast and combine information to determine underlying issues.
- Superlative communication (written/verbal) skills to work with colleagues across various geographies, including logically structuring and delivering presentations.
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective problem solver. Experience in working on cross-functional and multi-department enterprise-wide projects. #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.