Toledo, Ohio, United States
FP&A LeaderJob ID 53130
The Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Leader provides support in all aspects of financial planning and analysis within the Corporate Strategy and Financial Planning department. This leadership position is responsible for developing, interpreting and implementing financial concepts for financial planning and control, at the Corporate, primary Business Segment and Operating Committee levels.
This position performs technical analysis to determine and evaluate present and future financial performance and is responsible for the gathering, analysis, and preparation of recommendations for financial plans, trended future requirements and operating forecasts. In addition, they will perform economic research and studies in the areas of capital expenditure efficiency, working capital requirements, free cash flow conversion and investment opportunities. The successful candidate will continually drive an external shareholder perspective into the critical decision making process and utilize comparative industry data to benchmark internal performance.
Working across the organization with the individual business segment Finance Leaders, External Reporting, Treasury, Tax, and Investor Relations, the FP&A Leader ensures effective execution of policies and procedures in the area of financial planning and analysis. The FP&A Leader also provides functional support for all aspects of finance, including providing timely financial information, analysis and reporting for use by the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Operating Committee.
The FP&A Leader is recognized as a leader that demonstrates corporate values, teamwork and commitment to high performance and talent development and the success of Owens Corning and the “oneFinance” organization.
Reports to: Director of Finance – Corporate FP&A
Span of Control: Leads a small team of FP&A analysts
Developing & Executing Strategy
- Leads the development of the total company income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow in support of the monthly forecast and annual operating plan processes.
- Leads the development of the company’s long-term strategic financial plan though the development of macro-economic scenarios, financial modeling, business earnings targets, and presentation materials for executive review.
- Drive overall cash flow and balance sheet planning and forecasting in partnership with accounting, tax, treasury, investor relations and business finance teams.
- Strengthen and leverage the shareholder value creation mindset. Model this by systematically considering shareholder value implications in key analysis while identifying, prioritizing, and pulling / pushing levers that drive shareholder value; ensures they are translated into operational plans
- Inform, shape and enrich our analyses to our Executive Committee, Operating Committee, Board of Directors, and Investors by proactively spearheading insighful analyses creating a call to action from an enterprise persective
- Master forecasting that shapes credible guidance and enables effective management by leading across the organization through partnerships with key stakeholders that generate transparency, visibility, and consistency.
- Ensure the basis of all financial plans and forecasts are clearly reflected and pressure-tested and that the linkage of the business drivers to the forecast is functional.
- Continuously drive improvement in planning and forecasting by thoroughly framing the strategic context to shed light on the set of potentially strategic opportunities.
- Develops and sustains financial processes and systems and ensures that they are both high performing and scalable to support an Owens Corning growth agenda.
- Drive accountability and strong attention to details both inside and outside the Corporate Strategy and Finanical Planning team.
- Leverages team to achieve goals.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Fosters an environment where talent, direct reports and others in the organization, is developed through effective performance management, development plans and talent evaluation.
- Effectively builds a diverse team with competent people using the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business providing education and training on the key principles of Finance.
- Teaches accounting and finance acumen and concepts to ensure financial based decision-making occurs at every level of the Corporate Functions Finance team.
- Mentors high potential finance talent within Owens Corning.
Leading the Finance Function
- Inspires teamwork across finance functions and regions to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people.
- Is regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Provides thought leadership, sets vision and communicates strategy for the development of people processes and systems into a highly effective finance infrastructure and global accounting operation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- Minimum 7-10 years of finance and anytical experience with demonstrated leadership growth
- Experience leading and developing others
- MBA from an accredited university, strongly preferred
- CPA and public accounting experience a plus
- Experience working for a multi-national manufacturing company
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong Technical Accounting Skills
- Exceptional Finance Acumen
- Operates effectively in a matrix environment utilizing strong teamwork and communication skills
- Thinks and acts on a global scale
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Acute listening skills
- Demonstrated Project Management capability
- Excels at leading and influencing others
- Able to combine analytical reasoning, creativity and judgment.
- Able to handle complex matters, with multiple initiatives going on simultaneously. Able to deal with strategic issues, as well as tactical operational details.
- Results oriented with strong service orientation.
- Demonstrated not being comfortale with the status-quo and continually striving for excellence.
- Demonstrated past experience with beign a driver of change. Comfortable designing for the future, while managing day-to-day operations accounting matters.
- Able to anticipate risks and propose practical plans to mitigate them. Appreciates the Enterprise FP&A’s impact and how the department is an integral part of the overall corporation’s finance and business strategy.
- Ability to work well under pressure. Demonstrates attention to detail. Has ability to quickly assimilate to new teams and projects.
- Demonstrated past experience working with maintaining financial integrity for the corporation, employees and shareholders.
- Past experience of putting the needs of the business ahead of him/herself. Operates in a transparent fashion without a personal agenda. #LI-KJ1
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.