Foamglas FP&A Analyst
Location:Toledo, Ohio - United States
The Senior FP&A Analyst provides financial leadership for the FOAMGLAS business with a emphasis on Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). This role gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for strategic and operating plans as well as near term financial forecasts. This individual will lead the consolidation and reporting of the financials of the business including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement. The position provides functional leadership for several aspects of Finance including objective business insights, systems implementation, external financial perspective, asset management, timely financial analysis, and effective control infrastructure. #LI-KJ1
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: FOAMGLAS Global Finance Leader
Live the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies and personal safety action plan at all times
Business planning and Forecasting
- Collaborate with the segment finance leaders and business in developing actionable, accountable and resilient strategic plans.
- Apply external perspective and maintain intimate knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure Business Leaders are effective in creating and executing the business segment’s strategy and operating plan.
- Tell the near and long-term story of the business in Board, Executive Committee and FOAMGLAS NLT reviews
Know the Company from an external and internal perspective
- Provide insightful analysis about our customers and external markets to support decisions about the business group and its operating strategy.
- Monitor the group’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers to collect and synthesize changes for strategy, plan and forecast modification.
- Develop a defined point of view about the business and help communicate the results and strategy of the business to internal and external stakeholders.
Reporting and analysis
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own an integrated and consolidated financial forecast analysis model that provides an accurate forecast of the business at both the product and market level. Incorporating Europe and Asia Pacific regions
- Monitor the monthly closing process in conjunction with the FOAMGLAS and Corporate Accounting teams
- Demonstrate financial acumen founded on solid fundamentals as well as a business acumen that reflects an understanding of the dynamics of the business.
- Integrate and provide support of the Owens Corning Consolidations system (“BPC”) and the Business Information system (“BI”)
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own an integrated and consolidated Balance Sheet model, P&L, and Customer Profitability tool via the BI and BPC
- Lead the management reporting process and monthly finance reports including in-depth analysis of variances between actual results, plan and forecast.
Communicate clearly and with impact.
- Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner to management and non-financial personnel
- Translate the strategic and operational plans of the business group into communications to a broad-based audience including the Business Unit, Group President and leadership teams, Corporate FP&A, Operating Committee, Executive Committee, Board of Directors, and external investors.
- Lead quarterly disclosure processes within the business group including MD&A preparation and review of business results, MD&A / 10K / 10Q input on disclosures and business narratives, and review of business results with external auditors.
- Work with Investor Relations and the External Reporting function of the Accounting organization while representing the business group.
Lead an effective financial controls environment.
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting to conduct a thorough Rep Process for the business segment.
- Collaborate with Corporate Accounting, Customer Financial Services, Shared Services, and PWC to ensure appropriate accounting of the segment’s financials.
- Collaborate with Corporate Audit and oversee effective audit and compliance actions within the segment.
- Ensure the financial control infrastructure is effective, efficient and complies with OC standards.
- Establish a clear “tone at the top” regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Ensure assets are safe-guarded in order to maximize financial performance.
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning.
- Maintain independence in the view and assessment of the business control environment.
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Finance Leader and/or VP of Finance for the business group.
Demonstrate leadership horizontally and vertically
- Partner with FOAMGLAS business finance on various financial analytical needs focused on delivering business financial results
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other business and corporate FP&A functions to drive standardized and automated reporting and analysis
- 3-5 years of experience in Corporate Finance of broadening assignments and experience, with expertise in a number of functional areas.
- Demonstrated leadership in global organizations with multiple channels and/or manufacturing operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.
- Experience and leadership in strategic and operating planning processes inside of a Financial Planning and Analysis position
- Operating in a range of economic conditions, such as expansion and contraction
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
- Validating and ensuring effectiveness of control systems
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
- Leading change to enable rapid continuous improvement in a global organization
- Attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding talent and successors
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
- Preparing board-level material and presentations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions
- Distill multiple points of view and inputs to form points of view and near and long-term actions
- Think strategically and set/execute strategic direction
- Knows and reads audiences, can tell the story of the business group to all levels of the organization
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages
- Has a broad operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across cultures and environments
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Enjoys keeping score to know whether the business group is winning
- Has a strong attention to detail
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning
- Owns misses and learns from failure
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.