Financial Reporting & Analytics (FR&A) Analyst
Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
The Financial Reporting & Analytics (FR&A) Analyst will be a member of the FR&A Center of Excellence (FR&A COE) which is part of the Finance COE within the Global Financial Operations and Reporting (GFOR) team. The FR&A analyst will be accountable for working with the business to develop strategies and options to provide reporting and analytics solutions that deliver value. The role requires advanced understanding of metrics, strong analytical skills, natural curiosity and the ability to drive for insights from data and information. Must have a demonstrated ability to drive alignment, effectively communicate and influence others. #LI-KJ1
The successful candidate will bring direct experience in problem solving, process analysis, design and implementation of reporting and process solutions. Experience in finance, operations, supply chain and other areas in an analytical role, working with reporting tools and ERP systems is desirable.
The position reports to: Emily Runkel
Leader, Financial Reporting and Analytics Center of Excellence
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies at all times
- Proactively work with business partners to sustain and enhance reporting and analytics capabilities that increase speed, reliability and driving action to create value.
- Proactively engages with the business teams in ideation, planning and problem solving using BI
- Builds a solid understanding of needs of the business and users of BI, helps prioritize the needs and gains alignment
- Drives the use and ownership of BI within the organization
- Sustain and grow the organization’s use of BI.
- Monitors usage, engages with business leaders to ensure that the organization has the right level of analytical competency to gain insights and drive actions
- Provides training and consultation on the best ways to leverage BI tools
- Collaborates and enables knowledge sharing
- Translate business requirements and strategies into tangible solution options, and work with the technical team in the BI COE to implement approved solutions.
- Guide the development of functional specifications for solutions
- Test and certify solutions
- Drive the adoption of the solution in the organization
- Develop a good understanding of OC standards, BI architecture and roadmap to design sustainable and scalable solutions
- Be a steward to implement financial & operational standards and metrics in the BI applications
- Understands the latest trends in analytics, potential solutions and applies thinking to address business needs
- A minimum of 3-5 years experience in business, information systems or finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or a related business discipline
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability and knowledge of finance and reporting principles
- Systems experience or BI Power User – knows the tools and the information to deliver analytics & reporting to solve business needs
- Advanced reporting & analytics skills in SAP BI tools (Business Objects, BI 4.0, Webi, BEX, Crystal reports, Xcelsius, Predictive analytics, Mobile, Explorer etc) or other equivalent tools
- A good working knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, SAP or other
- Experience with business consulting or requirements definition and analysis
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley principles and guidelines
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong and proven analytical skills
- Ability to lead discussions and influence others in a global company
- Strong communication skills
- Good business and technical acumen
- Problem Solving – understand & analyze
- Demonstrated ability to teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Building Trust - works well in a team environment and builds trust with business partners and can effectively communicate and advocate on their behalf
- Change management – enrolling and influencing others
- Contributing to team success – driving for results and decision making
- Adaptability – applied learning and work standards
- Planning and Organizing
- Naturally curious
- Continuous improvement mindset – committed to advancing skill set and embracing opportunity to learn new skills and apply to work
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.