Toledo, Ohio, United States
Finance Technology Lead ProfessionalJob ID 53364
The Finance Technology Lead Professional within the Global Information Systems (GIS) organization is a leader in finance processes, the implementation of these processes in SAP and related technology solutions in the domain. This role is meant for an individual that possesses a complement of strong communication skills, ability to lead and influence solutions in the finance domain, collaboration to drive alignment with stakeholders, project management and systems expertise. These skills are leveraged to implement solutions that use both new and existing technologies to fulfill business requirements in accordance with GIS and financial standards. This individual understands process, collaborates with global stakeholders, and has a natural curiosity for enhancing processes with technology. He / She leverages resources across the organization and external resources to develop his/her technical and functional expertise of enterprise systems and integrated processes to support the finance portfolio, including key areas of Finance, Treasury, Product Costing & Controlling, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets & Project Systems.
Reports to: GIS Finance Team Lead
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
- Collaborate with business stakeholders to lead and guide the thinking on design and approach to implementing SAP FI/CO processes
- Lead the translation of business requirements into solutions that are scalable and minimize total cost of ownership. Partner with the business on change management and implementation.
- Build strong relationships with business stakeholders by establishing a regular meeting cadence, quick follow up, and having a service first mindset.
- Lead the execution of global SAP implementations for a subset of finance related functions
- Lead the execution of system upgrades and regression testing to keep finance systems contemporary.
- Serve as the finance lead for all phases of the project lifecycle. This includes planning, prioritizing and coordinating the execution of work with internal and external resources to ensure milestones are met, communication of issues, and transparency of risks.
- Collaborate with project planners to develop statements of work for proposed solutions including estimates that address assumptions, resources, integration points, and risk.
- Ensure the support and sustainability of solutions is engineered in the design stage. Identify and mitigate associated technical and implementation risks.
- Leverage external resources to ensure solutions meet functional requirements and are appropriately tested.
- Partner with the Finance Solution Architect to build the technology vision and GIS roadmap for finance systems. Ensure all technology that is delivered is contemporary and aligned with the roadmap.
- Develop relevant technology insight through participation in peer networks, formal training and guided experiences.
- Maintain a spirit of continuous improvement with a desire to solve for evolving requirements and eliminate pain points.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Computer Science, or Information Systems, Minimum of 8 years of experience within the Information Technology industry
- Prior SAP deployment experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in SAP FI/CO related modules
- Competent in project management theory, knowledge, skills, tools and techniques
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with SAP ECC 6.0 FI/CO and interfaces related to processing financial transactions
- SAP add-on solution experience including SAP Treasury and Risk Management (TRM) and SAP In-house Cash and Serrala Cash Application solutions.
- S/4 HANA Finance experience
- Project Management
- Global Collaboration
- Problem Solving
- Growth Mindset
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.