Toledo, Ohio, United States
Customer Self-Service Product OwnerJob ID 53342
The Customer Self-Service Product Owner (PO) will be focused on the digital customer experience from onboarding to off-boarding. The PO will interface with key stakeholders within the company to develop a digital customer journey map determining the ideal end-to end customer experience by identifying the areas in the business where a digital customer self-servicing solution should be implemented. The PO is the primary link between OC business teams and product development team responsible for executing customer self-service product releases.
This role will need to go deep on customer research to inform customer needs and translate those needs into a roadmap that drives customer and business value. The PO brings expertise in current and evolving customer self-service and journey mapping technologies (Automated Journey Mapping, Chat, Self-Service Portals, Mobile apps).
The PO defines the roadmap for the journey’s target state and leads the agile team to achieve this target-state solution. The PO is responsible for defining and prioritizing the journey backlog, to deliver on business vision and priorities. The PO builds and fosters strong working relationships with Global Information Services partners, functional business partners, third party providers and elevates the customer self-service product acumen across the company.
Reports to: Customer Technologies Leader
Span of Control: No direct reports. Indirect leadership of resources responsible for customer self-service release execution and sustainability
Business leadership- Immersion into customer service, supply chain, sales, and marketing organizations to thoroughly understand strategy, customer requirements, and market drivers on a level that accelerates the identification/implementation of technology opportunities that achieve strong business results
Digital technology leadership- Leverage contemporary digital technology expertise to educate and proactively influence customer buying decisions that increase value to our customers and shareholders
Execute – Leverage waterfall, Kanban, and agile execution methodologies to gather requirements, storyboard, design, identify and segment users, develop iterations and release plans, and align business vision with go to market strategies. Clearly communicate tradeoffs between business and technical teams.
Product Leadership– Leverage customer self service product and technology expertise to educate and proactively influence business decisions that increase value to our customer service, supply chain, sales, and marketing teams. Drive customer self-service product adoption and facilitate change management with all stakeholders. Develop training and educational materials for new and current users.
Innovate and think strategically- Partner with Global Information Services (GIS), and business leadership to formulate and maintain customer self-service product roadmap of current and future features and functionalities through customer journey steering team. Proactively engaged with customer journey & self-service technology vendors to understand their product roadmap and future upgrade and release plans. Drive business decisions based on metrics and analysis of data.
Customer self-service life-cycle management- Covers all steps from inception of customer journey product to its end of life including product strategy, feature conceptualization, marketing, release implementation, testing, training, sustainability, evolution and retirement. Simplify shared functionality across the digital platforms
Collaborate and foster teamwork- Inspire and cultivate talent within Global Information Services, digital, customer service, supply chain, marketing, and sales organizations to promote an engaging work environment. Increase the level of customer self-service product awareness and value across the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or Marketing
- 3+ years of experience designing customer self-service software (websites, portals, chat, apps, mobile, data integration, analytics)
- 3+ years in creating Customer Journey Maps and handling multiple customer personas
- 5+ years’ experience in information technology focused projects including websites, portals, chat, apps, mobile, data integration, analytics
- 5+ years working directly with business teams in a role understanding and translating business needs into technical implementation
- Experience with agile project development process and projects
- Experience defining and articulating technical specifications
- Experience documenting via wireframes and storyboarding
- Experience managing the work of software developers and UX
- Experience with manufacturing B2C, B2B environment required
- Experience with ERP and eCommerce platforms preferred
- Experience with customer journey analytics tools (Thunderhead, ClickFox, NICE, Kitewheel)
- Basic knowledge of HTML, SQL, and/or computer programming.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage medium to large scale, cross-functional projects involving global processes, cross-functional teams and third-party vendors.
- Utilization of analytics to gain insights into customer journey self-service tools (i.e. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, predictive analytics)
- Experience in generating requirements and/or user stories to successfully communicate business needs
- Effective and proactive communicator with stakeholders at all levels; successfully sets and manages expectations; strong organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
- Experience collaborating with 3rd party providers, agencies, development teams
- Excellent customer service and technology team representation in end-to-end product lifecycles
- Experience with data interfaces between third parties and disparate systems
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.