Toledo, Ohio, United States
Composites Sr Finance FP&A AnalystJob ID 53253
Location: Toledo, Ohio - United States
The Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”) Analyst provides analytical support and leadership to the Composites FP&A team and the Composites business leadership. The FP&A Analyst gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for strategic and operating plans as well as near-term financial forecasts. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the consolidation and reporting of financials of the business including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
This position reports to the Global Composites FP&A Leader.
Live the Safety standard, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Adhere to Owens Corning safety policies and personal safety action plan at all times
Business planning and Forecasting
- Develops and maintains financial models and consolidation tools to support the operating and strategic plans and forecasts
- Ensures integrity and quality of financial and statistical data
- Identifies process inefficiencies and information gaps, and bridges those gaps through process design and re-engineering as it relates to forecasting, planning and financial modeling
- Continuously builds an intimate knowledge of the Composites businesses to provide insightful analysis in comparison of actual results to submitted budgets and forecasts
- Works closely with the Corporate FP&A team to ensure timely and accurate consolidation of operating and strategic plans including assumptions on demand, productions, price, capacity utilization etc.
- Works closely with Director and Vice-President of Composites Finance on critical financial matters
Reporting and analysis
- Design, maintain, deliver, and own an integrated and consolidated financial forecast analysis model that provides a forecast of the business for Composites globally.
- Monitor the business unit’s monthly closing process in conjunction with the Composites Accounting team.
- Lead the management reporting process and produce the monthly finance reports including in-depth analysis on variances reconciling actual results compared to plan, forecast and prior year.
- Assist in preparation of monthly Business Unit communication through management decks and is the key point of contact to Corporate FP&A team for SG&A spend and working capital.
- Assists in preparation of presentations to OC Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
- Performs trend analysis on an array of critical business metrics including SG&A spending, demand, working capital, currency impacts, and cash flow.
- Leads the development and creation of analyses and materials to support the quarterly earnings release preparation process and work with leaders from Investor Relations and External Reporting to communicate Composites results.
- Prep for quarterly PwC meetings, MD&A analysis for the SEC filings for Composites.
- Forecast accuracy and timeliness
Driving segment profitability
- Provide insightful market and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Uncovers deterioration in business operations and assures accountable action plans are in place to assure maximum margin realization
- Assures that customer and product profitability decisions are supported by appropriate levels of due diligence and is in line with the strategic direction of the business
- Assures accountable action plans are in place to mitigate risk
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of experience in Corporate Finance of broadening assignments and experience, with expertise in many functional areas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Experience in multi-national, manufacturing corporations in a corporate setting desirable.
- CPA and/or MBA highly desirable.
- Strong expertise in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Knowledge of SAP, BI and BPC
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills working a corporate multi-national environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to identify associations between seemingly independent events to recognize trends in financial forecasts, problems before they arise and possible cause-effect relationships.
- Demonstrates strong ability to accumulate, organize and manipulate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems and their causes. Compare, contrast and combine information to determine underlying issues.
- Strong superlative communication (written/verbal) skills to work with colleagues across various geographies, including logically structuring and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrates strong ability to organize, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective problem solver.
- Demonstrated some experience in working on cross-functional and multi-department enterprise-wide projects.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.