Summit, Illinois, United States
Store Room ClerkJob ID 53514
Coordinates all Maintenance Store Room activities and remains highly engaged in store room ownership. Responsible for driving storeroom inventory accuracy, receiving parts, managing obsolete parts, receiving to the plant crib, keeping storerooms in tour-ready condition, kitting work orders, organizing storerooms, auditing spare parts, running end-of-month consignment reports, managing free bin items, ensuring store room security, attending storerooms, complying with all OC inventory management policies, engaging daily with purchasing/planning/craftsmen functions, etc. This position reports to the Plant Financial Controller with functional reporting to the Maintenance Leader.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record Goods Issues in SAP from pick lists and sign out sheets on a daily basis.
- Remove requested parts from shelves or assist in doing so during manned store room hours, after being notified by personnel.
- Prepare kits and put them in the kitting area for all planned work that requires kitting. Maintain up-to-date reports on status of kits.
- Send notification (including the part number, quantity issued and remaining quantity in inventory) to Plant Controller if there are deficits of any parts during recording of goods issues.
- TECO work orders at end of month.
- Enters SAP material requisitions for free bin items
- Comply with all Owens Corning inventory management policies
- Be an active participant on the Spare Parts Improvement Team.
- Review spare parts stored in Parts Room and Forklift Shop with Maintenance Team to determine if the parts are useful or obsolete
- Work with Maintenance Buyer to remove obsolete items from inventory and, if possible, return to vendor for refund
- Organize the Parts Room in a manner that will allow mechanics to find parts in the shortest time possible
- Communicate to the mechanics in any changes to the Parts Room layout
- Receive all incoming parts into SAP, put parts away, and file bring paperwork up to the front office for filing on a daily basis
- Participate in safety and housekeeping programs as established by Plant
- Keep working area, and Parts Room clean throughout shift
- Perform other job related duties as per supervisor
- Assist Maintenance buyer when parts need to returned or sent out for rebuild.
- Assist maintenance buyer with record retention procedures.
- Perform as backup to the Maintenance Buyer
- Complete other assignments as directed by Maintenance Leader and Controller.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Read, write, and speak English
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to work flexible hours
- Self-start and prioritize work
- Highest housekeeping standards
- Good written and verbal communication skills
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate Talent Center the pay systems for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate learning management system and accomplish required online training routinely
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrate SAP/PO experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Preferred: Mechanical general knowledge / aptitude
- Preferred: Lift truck driver
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee needs the following physical capabilities:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Ability to work for up to 8 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Ability to occasionally walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 8 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Push/Drive floor sweeping and cleaning equipment or tools as necessary for housekeeping duties
- Exposure to noise
- Ability to routinely have wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Ability to sit continuously for up to 8 hours
The Summit Plant is a 100% tobacco-free site.
All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work and professional reference check, a criminal background check, and a medical pre-placement assessment. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable. Candidate may be required to provide proof of completion and to test for skills/knowledge.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.