Summit, Illinois, United States
Bulk Truck Loader ProbationJob ID 53352
Location: Summit, Illinois - United States
Develops skills and knowledge of the Bulk Truck Loader classification. Participates in formal and informal training situations related to the Bulk Truck Loader classification. Performs work of the Bulk Truck Loader classification independently to the extent of developed skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs work of the Bulk Truck Loader classification to the extent of developed skills.
- Fulfills requirements of the department programs to the degree required of the Bulk Truck Loader classification.
- Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisors/management.
- Responsible for knowledge and ability to perform work for plant blending operations.
- Work closely with operators and maintenance in troubleshooting process problems.
- Tank Gauging knowledge and ability.
- Know and follow all plant environmental control policies and procedures.
- Meet team expectation such as reliability, teamwork, and process improvement. Maintain and improve productivity, quality, and safety.
- Safely operate all associated equipment.
- Responsible for Knowledgeable of all Fire Watch duties and the ability to perform as Fire Watch.
- Load/Unload Asphalt Trucks and Unload Rail Cars at all loading racks and unloading area’s in the plant.
- Responsible for replacing plant chart recorder charts.
- Responsible for knowledge of asphalt tank to tank transfers
- Responsible for Asphalt Barge unloading.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be able to learn the responsibilities of the position
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate MyOC to access HRIS pay systems for paycheck/benefits enrollment information
- Log into and navigate learning management system and accomplish required online training routinely
- Basic Computer Skills
- Chart Recorder chart replacement procedure.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Operations Knowledge in all the following areas (not all inclusive): Truck Loading/Unloading, Railcar Unloading, Barge Unloading.
For new hires in regular job openings, the first 90 - 120 days of employment at the plant are considered to be an introductory period where your work performance will be observed and evaluated. Completion of the introductory period does not guarantee continued employment and does not alter the at-will relationship between you and the Company.
The Summit Plant is a 100% tobacco-free site.
Choice of 3 healthcare benefit plans, including an HMO
Wellness programs and incentive credits
Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
Company paid disability insurance
401k with excellent company match
Employee stock purchase plan
Paid vacation after 1 year
Employee & dependent scholarships
Employee Assistance Program
All candidates offered employment with Owens Corning must pass a hair drug test, a work and professional reference check, a criminal background check, and a medical pre-placement assessment. A high school diploma or GED is required for all positions and must be verifiable. Candidate may be required to provide proof of completion and to test for skills/knowledge.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.