Starr, South Carolina - United States
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for the safety, quality, cost, and efficiency of the Starr Maintenance program. This job is critical to the performance and growth of the facility. This leadership position is responsible for longer term planning, coordination, performance and direction of the maintenance workforce, effective maintenance and repair programs, supporting capital projects, equipment utilization and establishment of a strong and sustainable safety culture. The Maintenance Leader must demonstrate leadership across department boundaries to safely produce a quality product, at the lowest possible cost, while remaining environmental compliant.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Plant Leader
Span of Control: 2-3 Salaried Direct Reports and ultimate oversight of 20-25 Electro-Mechanical Technicians
Living the safety stand and ensuring safe maintenance works
- Drive a Zero Safety environment incident culture by engaging all employees
- Leads comprehensive and strict WES-JHA executions for safe maintenance works under OC 4 Work Rules
- Partners with cross-functional team to implement LTT (Lock, Tag and Try) & Guarding programs at the plant
- Prioritizes and executes EHS hazards elimination & yellow tags in daily Preventive Maintenance (PM) management
Leading, Developing and Executing Maintenance Strategies
- Serves as a full owner in the development and execution of the plant business strategy and plant operation plans
- Ensures the maintenance strategy for the plant aligns with the business strategy and operation plans
- Develop a 0-breakdown strategy focusing on loss reductions to support our 0 waste project
- Prepares capital budget forecasts, cost estimates and operational plan for plant improvements
- Effectively manages all capital projects/installations and delivers committed results in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Maintains budget (labor, contractor, repair & replacement) and inventory of spare parts in a fiscally responsible manner
- Optimizes energy balance and utility usage and deploys plant-wide energy savings plan
- Develops and monitors measures for maintenance of equipment to support business objectives of the plant
- Designs and implements effective PM plan to sustain and enhance plant facility reliability; Ensures that the PM plan reflects the equipment and system changeover, aging and modifications
- Reviews the daily PM pillar process to prioritize the operations and maintenance tasks and ensure timely and efficient support to other functions
- Secures Emergency System and utility readiness through internal and external communications, drills and regular overhauls and loaded test for applicative equipment
- Develop TPM master plan and executes to achieve sustained facility performance
- Lead focused improvement, planned maintenance, and quality maintenance initiatives as well as the relevant training programs
- Successfully engages employees across the organization to participant and contribute to TPM through strategies such as communication, training, etc.
Leading and Developing Talent
- Develop an active training plan to ensure maintenance employees are well trained and current on any required certifications to perform the full scope of their job expectations
- Establishes clear and measurable performance expectations and holds team members accountable for delivering the goals
- Regularly evaluates the strengths and development opportunities of the team, as well as invests in the growth and development of team members to achieve sustained success
- Effectively staffs the team by leveraging the appropriate mix of internal and external talent to satisfy both near-term performance and long-term succession needs
- Demonstrate Owens Corning Leadership characteristics and develop leadership talent by providing meaningful stretch assignments
Leading across the plant/division
- Drive alignment between plant departments
- Share best practices across plants, challenges thinking and provides candid and respectful feedback; sets an example for the organization of how teamwork and partnerships should look
- Demonstrate great leadership presence across the plant, driving engagement and supporting cross-functional projects and teams
- Be a leader amongst peers across sister plants
- Offer technical expertise for equipment and maintenance processes
- Assist the plant leader with other duties as required
- Communicate expectations around continuous improvement and TPM with all team members
- Provide ongoing operations statistical updates to lead team and employees
- Communicate financial and statistical data in a manner which employees can understand and use the information to improve operations
- Utilize Six Sigma, 5S, TPM, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies
- Ensure communications and directions are coordinated across all shifts and through leadership
- Act as an agent for positive change, continually raising the bar with the objective of attaining and sustaining world class manufacturing performance as defined by Composites Manufacturing Leadership
- 5-7 years manufacturing maintenance leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt or experience in Continuous Improvement preferred
- Experience of successfully leading TPM implementation
- Successful work experience in a unionized organization
- Knowledge of industrial utility systems
- Experience making high-impact decisions in fast-paced environment
- Experience utilizing computer programs including Microsoft Office products
- SAP experience regarding maintenance scheduling, tracking, and parts ordering
- TPM experience including knowledge around MTBF, MTTR, and corresponding preventive maintenance
- ISO experience
- Proven project management experience where forward looking competence has been demonstrated
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrate safety awareness and take proactive steps to approach any safety concerns.
- Knowledge of common mechanical systems, electrical power and control systems, and plant utility systems.
- Ability to build a successful team by aligning vision, values, and priorities and coaching for performance.
- Ability to grow and mentor talent.
- Ability to build trust with the team by operating with integrity.
- Strong change management skills.
- Ability to drive quality, commitment, and maintenance of standards throughout the team.
- Specific technology, equipment, process, and product knowledge.
- Ability to make operational decisions in a fast-paced environment.