Starr, South Carolina, United States
Human Resources Intern 2020Job ID 53498
Human Resources Intern
Our Human Resource Internships are best in class, with students operating as either a generalist or a specialist to enact real change in the organization. You will have the opportunity to partner with business leaders on strategic projects, receiving consistent mentoring and feedback from your manager. To give you a glimpse of the HR function we assign meaningful project work, such as developing plant cost-saving initiatives, with day-to-day HR responsibilities to develop your HR capabilities.
- Exposure to world class HR and leadership development practices
- Real work experience with challenging and meaningful assignments
- Networking opportunities and significant exposure to senior leadership
- Formal and informal personal and professional development activities
- Competitive compensation, career exploration & community involvement
- Work responsibilities with global exposure
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to resolve conflict
- Models curiosity and growth mindset
- Critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate on work output
- Strong communication skills – oral and written
- Financial acumen with demonstrated intellectual and analytical capabilities
- Relocation flexibility for summer plant assignments
- Results oriented and ability to make decisions
- Adaptability and ability to continually grow and develop
Education: Consideration given to high performing, mature Bachelor’s students, preference given to Master’s program graduates. Students pursuing a degree with a concentration in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations, or Business Administration or related field with an overall GPA of 3.2 or greater.
Location of Assignment: World Headquarters in Toledo, Ohio and various manufacturing and technical facilities in the United States.
Human Resources at Owens Corning: As a direct result of our talent practices, Owens Corning has been recognized as one of Aon Hewitt’s top companies for leaders. For this, and many other reasons HR within Owens Corning functions as a strategic partner with the business units. Together, our diverse workforce strives to make a material difference in the world by attracting and retaining the best talent, achieving business goals, and advancing the principles of our core values.
About Owens Corning:
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures, and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company's market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.