Starr, South Carolina - United States
Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician
JOB DESCRIPTION: Maintenance Tech Starr
Summary/Objective The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
1. Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
2. Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
3. Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
4. Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
5. Read and interpret equipment manuals blue prints and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
6. Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
7. Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
8. Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
9. Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties in addition to other gauges or test equipment
10. Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
11. Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas and serve as a resource for TPM as needed
1. Technical Capacity (Mechanical and/or Electrical)
2. Ethical Conduct.
3. Communication Proficiency.
4. Results Driven.
Supervisory Responsibility This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position. The hours of work will vary based on job tasks and plant needs.
Travel No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
1. 4+ years of manufacturing experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience and HVAC.
2. Associates Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Maintenance is preferred, but not required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications None.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance [This section lists visa requirements, H1-B sponsorship, special clearances, etc. If applicable, insert if you have government contracts or special requirements.]
AAP/EEO Statement [Insert if applicable.]
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.