Sedalia, Missouri, United States
HR LeadJob ID 53428
The Human Resource Generalist is critical to the performance and continued growth of the Sedalia facility within the Insulation FOAMGLAS business. This leadership position is a member of the plant Leadership team and business partner to the plant leader and is accountable for functioning at high levels of effectiveness at both the "hands-on" and the strategic levels.
The incumbent must be able to build strong partnerships with all leaders and employees in a large, manufacturing, union environment; handle multiple projects for all client groups; drive performance; and provide perspective, insight, and execution on key performance indicators and corrective or supporting actions, especially as it relates to HR themes. The incumbent is an effective change agent, and a positive force in the effectiveness and engagement of the workforce.
The position reports to: Regional HR Leader
- Knowing Our Customers
Continuously elevates the customer perspective of self and others by knowing our products, manufacturing and selling processes. The HR leader applies this knowledge to successfully influence leaders to make the best business decisions.
- Feedback from plant NLT members
- TPM driven
Leading and executing HR Strategy/Operations in the plant
Contributes to the development and execution of:
- the plant business strategy and plant operations plans
- the HR strategy for the plant in alignment with the business strategy and operations plan.
- Leading the T&D Pillar in Sedalia
HR strategy consists of the following and utilizes best practices to ensure outside-in thinking:
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition
- Succession Planning
- Growing our People
- Change management
- Performance Management
- Compensation and Benefits, Policies and Plans
- Labor Relations and Employee Relations
Executes HR practices, working closely with the Plant Leader and Regional HR Leader, Support Staff members, Primary employees and Staffing Agencies. Provides excellent support including:
- Assists with compensation and benefits questions, problems and enrollment for all benefits plans
- Recruiting for salaried staff positions
- Recruiting for primary positions
- Leading new employee orientation and training
- Managing confidential files, ensuring completion and legal compliance
- Providing general HR assistance to all employees as needed
- Preparing headcount, turnover, and other reports
- Building and maintaining an excellent, open relationship with employees.
- Develops a reputation and operates as a trusted advisor and business partner to the Plant NLT members. Contributes on general operations strategy discussions outside of the HR area.
- Coaches leaders up, down and across the organization with confidence and candor consistent with Leadership Accountabilities, The Owens Corning House, and OC Guiding Principles.
- Coaches and educates leaders so they are fully capable and accountable to own, improve and accelerate business results by:
- Executing differentiated performance management and compensation;
- Improving assessment, selection, development and retention of best talent.
- Creating the right work environment to ensure a safe, engaged and productive employee base.
- Leading through effective change management practices.
- Assesses team performance and facilitates interventions proactively.
- Creates and implements optimal organization design and structure to enable the strategy.
- Participates in labor relations processes to ensure labor agreements support a lean work system.
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to the management of HR to minimize risk and exposure to the company.
- Specific goals of the plant
- Progress vs. Succession Plan. Succession Candidates – quality and readiness
- Performance Appraisals
- Individual Goals
- Position Responsibility
- Employee Surveys
- Unplanned Turnover of high performance and high growth talent
- Rate of involuntary turnover for poor and marginal performers
- Metrics identified in our HR Scorecard in the areas of:
- Headcount commitments
- Talent Management
- Performance Management
- Quality of talent
- Minimum 5 - 7 years of experience working in a union manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree – Business, human resources, or related discipline
- Leading change management efforts
- Human resources generalist experience including experience with employee relations, talent selection and development, and compensation and benefits
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.