Medina, Ohio, United States
Plant Systems CoordinatorJob ID 53124
Location: Medina, Ohio - United States
The Systems Coordinator is essentially a back-up to the Tech Leader providing support to Medina and Division functional areas. He or She is charged with maintaining current standards while participating and leading in efforts to reach zero losses, optimize performance, and improve customer satisfaction. The successful candidate will be adept at multitasking and prioritizing competing demands for his or her time while seeking to fulfill internal and external agendas. Candidate will also be skillful at analyzing data, problem solving, and coming up with data-based solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Operations in resolving process related issues to:
- Reduce waste;
- Ensure a “Quality” product is produced; and
- Optimize the manufacturing process to maximize Gross Margin dollars.
- Develop and maintain “Standard Operating” procedures” (SOP’s).
- Develop and maintain “Standard Work” procedures.
- Develop and maintain “Process Parameter Check Sheets”.
- Periodically perform audits to ensure compliance.
- Develop and run DOE’s to investigate process or product issues.
- Support plant raw material and product trials as needed.
- Periodically participate in the Technical network to:
- Share “Best Practices”; and
- Improve communication.
- Support Quality leader and occasional customer visits.
- RSO (Radiation Safety Officer) certification
- Troubleshooting/installation/calibration/tuning key process systems including but not limited to:
- Filler Percent control system and all the associated components (Density Gauge, Rotary Values, PID tuning, DMC control, metering pumps)
- Weight Gauges and all related components
- Backfall Hoppers
- Granule Efficiency Components
- Vision System
- Overlay/Underlay control system
- Mat Heater(s)
- Coater design / operating principles, tuning, maintenance
- Provide recommendations on equipment and plant layout.
- Future technical innovations
PRODUCT SPECIFICATION AND PERFORMANCE COMPENTENCIES
- Color Formulation computations
- Mastery of product composition interactions
- Mastery of product performance standards
- Mastery of product design standards
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Must work exceptionally well in team environments, be adept at motivating co-workers, and able to train others.
- Must be a proven leader within a relevant discipline and a quick learner who is adaptive to and embraces change
- Adept at networking and building positive working relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to read and modify mechanical / electrical drawings.
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel Advanced Level, Access Advanced Level, SharePoint) or equivalent
- Experience in Non-Relational Databases. Preferably Oracle Data Bases.
- Understanding of Programming Logic.
- Experience in AutoCad or Equivalent.
- Programming in SQL
- Maintain Integrity of IP.21 Database System
- APC (Advanced Process Control) Systems
- PLC Programming/Troubleshooting
- 3D Printing
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- The employee should have the following:
- College Degree Preferred
- High School Level Algebra, Chemistry is Strongly Recommended
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The Employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to work up to 8 hours in extreme hold/cold manufacturing environment
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, ear plugs, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Ability to stand occasionally for up to 8 hours
- Ability to routinely have wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
- Some travel required
- Exposure to noise
- Not color blind
- Physically fit. Not afraid of heights.
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Ability to lift 40lbs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.