Medina, Ohio, United States
Multi-Craft Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 53314
Position: Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician
Location: Medina, OH
Shift: 12 Hour Rotating Night Shift (6pm-6am)
Reports To: Maintenance Leader
This position is part of Medina’s Plant Maintenance Team and plays a role in improving overall reliability and performance of manufacturing and infrastructure equipment. This opportunity is critical to the performance and continued growth of our Roofing and Asphalt plants.
The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician’s primary purpose is to maintain plant equipment at optimum efficiency. The Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician will be required to use their troubleshooting skills and experience to resolve electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems that may occur.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with bearings, shafts, chains, conveyors, belts, sprockets, pumps, and related equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair associated with steam, pneumatic, water, hot oil, asphalt and other related piping equipment.
- Use and interpret schematics and blueprints related to plant equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical circuits from 24vdc to 480VAC.
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics and PLC ladder logic.
- Ability to observe a situation, correctly diagnoses the problem, and implements a corrective action plan, with little or no supervision.
- Possess industry standard cutting and welding skills, use of torch, stick welding, and wire welding, including understanding of cutting and welding procedures and safety.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of lock out tag out, hot work, line breaking and confined space entry.
- Participates in the Safety and housekeeping programs
- Performs other duties as directed by the Maintenance Leader and Maintenance Supervisors
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of documented experience as a Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician in a manufacturing environment.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Must have required basic hand tools.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Bend, twist, and stoop to perform mechanical tasks
- Repeatedly use hand tools
- Work in high and low temperatures
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Pre-employment hair drug screening, confidential medical screening, and background check are required. High school diploma or GED must be verifiable.
- The Medina Site is a 100% tobacco-free site.
Owens Corning offers a very competitive wage and benefits package in a non-union workplace that includes medical, dental, eye care, life and disability insurance programs, 401(k) plans, paid holidays and vacation time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.