Lakeland, Florida, United States
General MaintenanceJob ID 53499
Lakeland Insulation Plant
Maintenance Technician Job Description
Owens Corning is a Company with an unwavering commitment to delivering solutions, transforming markets and enhancing lives. It's who we are. It's why we are here. We do it by fully engaging our employees in support of growing our customer's businesses. And when we do, we grow ours as well. In addition to the building materials that go into homes and commercial structures, Owens Corning makes products that add performance and value to built-up roofs, paved surfaces, recreational vehicles, trailers and many more business and industrial applications.
The Lakeland plant is part of the Insulation Systems Business manufacturing Atticat, unbonded loose fill. It has approximately 44 employees, operates 24/7. The plant’s products are sold into the US residential insulation market.
Candidate must be well qualified Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician with a solid track record and strong manufacturing work experience. Candidate must have operational PLC, mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and robotics experience and skills. Previous and recent experience performing preventative maintenance, testing electrical components, and troubleshooting are necessary.
Reports to: Maintenance Leader.
- Strictly adhere to all plant safety practices, codes, procedures, and programs.
- Communicate with other plant personnel to identify, diagnose, and repair equipment problems and process upsets.
- Possess working knowledge of the Maintenance Work Order System. Complete work as instructed in Work Orders, obtain assistance as needed.
- Complete the paperwork and computer notations associated with Work Orders, PMs, Parts Requisitions, Scheduling, and other maintenance processes.
- Identify required parts and supplies and utilize the ordering process to obtain them.
- Rebuild complex mechanical equipment such as valves, pumps, fiberizers, etc.
- Perform complex rebuilds of and modify all plant systems and individual equipment.
- Perform welding and basic pipefitting as well as hydraulic and pneumatic troubleshooting and repairs.
- Perform complex electrical troubleshooting and repairs. Read and interpret complex electrical schematics.
- Participate in and completes special projects as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. full time.
- 3-5 years industrial mechanical experience, preferred
- 3-5 years industrial electrical experience, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Safety Awareness and Proactiveness
- Building Trust / Operating with Integrity
- Decision Making
- Initiating Action
- Gaining Commitment
- Work Standards / Quality
- Managing Work (includes time management)
- Contributing To Team Success
- Customer Focus
- Technology and Equipment Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Applied Business Knowledge
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.