Kearny, New Jersey, United States
Industrial Electrical TechJob ID 52700
Location: Kearny, New Jersey - United States
The purpose of the Electrical Technician is assist in the installation and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment. This role also provides maintenance repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported. Uses man lifts, forklifts, hoists and all electrical testing equipment required. Must work safely and follow all documented and “common sense” safety policies and procedures.
This individual is expected to perform as a professional, highly skilled and exceptionally competent maintenance person. They must be able to analyze causes of breakdowns and carry out corrective measures.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on- the -job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem.
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and every day and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Basic industrial electrical code. (local compliance issues)
- Capability to read schematics and P&ID drawings
- Fusing, thermal overload protection, wire sizing, motor theory, etc.
- AC, DC and Servo drive system (basics)
- Be able to safely conduct motor control and power circuit troubleshooting. Understand fuse sizing, take motor amp readings, understand basic DC motor control, etc.
- Ability to fully troubleshoot drives-DC and AC variable frequency, and communicate technically with outside technical support when needed. Ability to fully understand and properly tune the various control loops in the plant including IM/APC systems and weight control equipment. Fully competent in electrical noise avoidance-grounding, shielding, etc. (at least 2 persons, each plant)
- Burner system understanding, troubleshooting and properly tuning (at least 2 persons, each plant)
- Basic Skills, pneumatics, hydraulics, mechanical gear
- Install and repair complex industrial equipment
- Helps to Maintains all Plant electrical and electronic sys.
- Assist in the development of PM and Predictive maintenance program for all motors and panels
- Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken components.
- When appropriate or when plant decides lead efforts for electrical root cause analyzes
- Establish a program to monitor all critical motor in the plant.
- Tests malfunctioning machinery and discusses malfunction with other maintenance workers.
- Be lead person for electrical downtime and trouble shooting
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, and position sensing devices.
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job and insures work areas are clean and picked up after each job completion.
- Helps with electrical training of other maintenance personnel.
- Help coordinate electrical training program and efforts for the plant.
- Complies with safety requirements and notifies management of noted exceptions.
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs.
- Works as instructed with outside contractors.
- Be a lead person for all electrical projects and installation that are maintenance responsibility.
- Be maintenance contact person on automation projects.
- Willing to attend annual training for new or improved electrical & PLC sys.
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned or needed
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Basic Computer Skills
- HS Diploma or GED required. Some Technical School preferred
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.