Kearney, New Mexico
Location: Kearney, New Jersey - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To develop and maintain an energized environment where employees work together to safely produce quality products that meet or exceed our customers’ requirements and maximize company growth and earnings. Works within a unionized organizational structure and must fully understand and comply with all applicable contractual labor management agreements.
The position reports to: Operations Leader
Span of Control: 12-15 hourly employees
Live the safety stand, adhere to the safety and environmental responsibilities
• Take personal ownership to work safely each day and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
• Keeps the shift team focused on safe work behaviors to create and maintain a safe, positive, and clean accident free culture.
• Performs Behavioral Based Safety Observations on all team members each month and records in database.
• Takes action to eliminate unsafe conditions utilizing appropriate methods.
• Ensures all environmental systems are operating as designed and all environmental data is being obtained and recorded as per instructions.
• When an incident occurs, takes the lead role to ensure the welfare of the employee and then begins the investigation.
• Conducts safety communication meetings and posts safety data as needed.
Coach and develop primary workforce to reach their full potential
• Perform regular performance review meetings with employees one-on-one to ensure they have all the resources to perform their jobs. Understand direct reports’ career goals, removing any obstacles to ensure employees have impactful and meaningful work to perform each day that provides enrichment and fulfillment.
• Find ways to ensure production employees understand the need of the customer and that they can see how their work affects the customer directly.
• Perform and ensure proper documentation of training and cross training of all employees as necessary to maintain a flexible work environment capable of meeting varied demands. Ensure technical competence on production line and work toward 2 levels of training on each shift for succession planning purposes.
• Encourage all employees to build strong working relationships and communication through sharing, respect, candor, integrity, innovation, accountability, and fun.
• Key job duties
Understand quality issues; ensure continuous improvement activities drive improved customer satisfaction.
• Reviews all Product Characteristic tests results each shift with operators and ensures corrective actions are taken as needed.
• Reviews all machine Critical Process Variables (machine setup) each shift with the operators and ensures all CPV’s are within control.
• Coordinates and facilitates product job/style changes to meet the production schedule and customer expectations. Verifies machines are set up correctly via sign off.
• Audits shift team job functions to ensure compliance to Standardized Work Instructions and maintain record of findings.
• Ensures hold material is segregated, retested, released or scrapped as directed.
• Conducts quality communication meetings and posts quality data as needed.
• Maintains all implemented CI actions resulting from 5S and Kaizen Events.
Use people systems and processes to drive improved productivity.
• Track employee attendance and implement corrective actions as required.
• Manages labor in operations to meet safety, quality and productivity expectations. Utilize Kronos system and maintains production records as required.
• Provides assistance to shift maintenance in changing process equipment and parts as needed to maximize operational stability and downtime to a minimum.
• Ensures maintenance crafts are supporting operations and inputs maintenance work requests as needed.
• Ensures all production process equipment is operating and ensures appropriate personnel are addressing process equipment deficiencies.
• Conducts productivity communication meetings and posts productivity data as needed.
• Completed High School Diploma or GED required (Completed Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering strongly preferred)
• Must have at least 5 years of manufacturing experience
• Must be flexible to work any shift
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.