Joplin, Missouri, United States
Reliability Technician / Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 52905
Location: Joplin, Missouri - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Reliability Technician role is to perform all equipment and facilities related electrical, mechanical, sheet metal, welding, instrument, and pipe fitting work. Utilizes process and maintenance knowledge to assist in the planning and performance of all tasks. Participates in teams to develop and implement solutions. The successful candidate must have a passion for safety and be able to foster effective working relationships built upon trust and respect within all level of the organization.
Reports to: The Reliability Technician is an hourly position reporting to the Reliability Lead and Maintenance Leader.
- Ensure that department and Owens Corning safety rules are being communicated and followed, including PPE usage.
- Know plant EHS goals or requirements and insures goals are met on a daily basis.
- Assists, trains/coaches employees in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and the repair of machinery and equipment. Assist in the diagnostics.
- Maintain a clean and safe work place in accordance with 5S protocol.
- Assist in controlling material and labor costs and efficiencies in the department.
- Assist in efforts to control waste, cost reductions, and process improvements.
- Recommend equipment upgrades, replacements, and repair as necessary.
- Communicate information to the Leader and department employees of the next shift to ensure effective and safe operations, efficient equipment and material usage, and quality assurance.
- Other activities as may be assigned in order to maintain production requirements of the plant. Work assignments will be made at the discretion of the plant Leaders.
- Minimum of two (2) years in related maintenance trade or occupation that involved electrical, hydraulic machinery and equipment in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Experience with plant-wide compressed air systems, fluid power operations/maintenance, and complex process water systems preferred
- Certification/Two year Associates degree in technical related field highly preferred
- Experience operating powered industrial equipment such as forklift, skid steer loader, overhead cranes, and hoists
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Ability to work safely. Maintain safe work environment; communicate issues and take corrective actions when safety issues arise
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to troubleshoot mechanical and electrical issues
- Excellent mechanical, electrical, and controls aptitude
- Basic welding skills
- Machining bores, keyways, drill press, grinding, lathe, and mill operation a plus
- Hydraulic troubleshooting, repair, and improvement abilities
- Ability to properly, precision align belt, gear or direct coupled shafts using proper tools to specified tolerances.
- Able to read technical prints and documents
- Ability to write, edit, and evaluate standard work
- Capable of working without direct supervision and able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Willingness to support training and cross-functional efforts
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must possess strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Basic computer applications and familiarity of maintenance management systems
- Must have the ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must have ability to do mathematical calculations including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry
- Excellent safety record and attendance record
- Familiar with Six Sigma, TPM, and 5S practices
- Excellent integrity
- Be able to work 12 hour shifts, overtime, weekends/holidays as scheduled and non-routine call-in’s.
- Pass drug screen prior to employment
- Acceptable background check
- Pass pre-employment physical
- Pass Work Keys assessment NCRC+
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Non-Rotating shifts – 12 hour
- Stand for extended prolonged periods during 12 hour shift
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment