Joplin, Missouri, United States
Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC)Job ID 53001
The Operations Maintenance Coordinator (OMC) position reports to the Plant Leader and will have responsibility for all aspects of manufacturing on a daily basis. The OMC is the single most important role in the Reliability Work Process (RWP). The OMC’s primary responsibility is to ensure production demands are met while balancing a Maintenance strategy to protect the health of plant assets. When conflicts arise between two objectives, the OMC’s experience and knowledge provide the background and perspective to make these critical decisions. The strategic responsibilities of the OMC require a thorough understanding of the business environment, the capability of plant assets, and sustaining strategies for the health of those assets.
- Ensure daily decisions support overall Plant objectives and meet KPI requirements
- Ensure product meets Customer expectations
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Educate team members on safe operations of new processes or modifications.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure front line leaders and employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Ensure safe execution of all process/product trails, using appropriate tools such as process trial safety reviews, etc.
- Implement and review Personal Safety Action Plan (PSAP) with EHS/Plant Leaders
- Operations/Maintenance accountability for Recordable Incident Rate, First Aids, Near Misses, SAFE, &d Critical 6
- Recommend safety improvements
Ensure that maintenance activities are done in a timely manner, and that they support Plant objectives while meeting the site’s KPI requirements
- Promptly review and prioritize all work requests and activity reports each morning and discuss at daily morning meeting
- Ensure all of the operational department’s work requests deliver the needed activities to achieve plant goals and provide feedback to the requestor.
- Attend Daily Approval Meeting and recommend the action to be taken on each Notification, including the SAP prioritization
- Review Maintenance Backlog to ensure plant priorities are being addressed
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisors/Leader to reach a consensus on the Preliminary Weekly Schedule
- Review Outstanding notification backlog, Work order backlog, Notifications Approved vs. Notifications Entered, etc.
- Enter Maintenance Request into SAP if not entered by requestor
- Declare emergency and urgent work, and coordinates with the Maintenance Supervisor what work not to do on the Daily Schedule when Emergency/Urgent work is declared
Support the plant strategy on the maintenance of asset
- Coordinate production and maintenance activities by attending Weekly Schedule Meetings, Daily Approval Meetings, and Daily Schedule Meetings thereby ensuring all department resources are being deployed to best meet plant objectives
- Review completed work and reach agreement on the Daily/Weekly Schedule
- Review shift logs and production schedules each morning for items impacting Maintenance
- Partner with Maintenance Supervisors/Leader to insert urgent work into the Daily Schedule or current Weekly Schedule when necessary
- Review % PM compliance, Variance to Budget YTD, Maintenance spend vs Maintenance budget (Maintenance Spend against Total Budget per Month), and schedule compliance
Ensure that Operations personnel understand and execute their responsibilities as defined by the RWP
- Ensure that Weekly and/or Daily schedules are posted in operations
- Communicate to operations the preparatory work necessary for daily maintenance activities
- Coach and enforce writing of notifications for all maintenance requests
Manage ‘Shutdown Coordination’ activities for the site
- Coordinate the dates for extended outages as far in advance as possible
- Participate in all pre-shutdown meetings
- Continuously review the Critical Path schedule during extended outages for impacts to the start-up timeline
- Ensure on-time startups
- Ensure all work orders are completed for shutdown
- Must be 18 years or older
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Minimum of five (5) years of Maintenance and/or Operations supervision in manufacturing environment; candidates with both experience sets are strongly urged to apply.
- Mechanical and Electrical background
- Knowledge of industrial utilities systems
- Experience, knowledge or trained in Six Sigma, TPM, and 5S practices highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Proficient in use and interpretation of statistical tools
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapid changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication
- Ability to coach and guide for results
- Lead through safety and corporate vision
- Possess strong process and financial acumen
- Possess strong change management, communication, and organizational skills
- Willingness to support training and cross-functional efforts
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by this position
- Possess strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.