Jacksonville, Florida, United States
UtilityJob ID 53317
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Utility position is assigned to a shift team to generally assist with the wrapping,
counting, stacking, and sorting of material that has been made by the backend of
the production line.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stacks seconds from conveyor to pallets.
- Trains to relieve machine operators as needed.
- Clears catcher jams and mat breaks.
- Cleans damaged shingles from floor, stacks them on pallets and keeps conveyors clear.
- Rewraps bundles that need new wrapping.
- Keeps working area clean throughout the shift.
- Performs other job-related duties as per supervisor’s request.
- Visually inspects production and takes corrective actions. Detects all defects, job changes and splices. Communicates to supervisor and rest of crew.
- Communicates to supervisor and leads any safety issues or problems that need to be addressed on the line.
- Assists in repairing line breaks and lacing up the mat for startups.
- Assists wrapper operator in changing wrapper rolls and making splices when needed.
- Stacks rolls (manually, with assistance) onto pallets.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding verbal and written instructions.
- Proficient use of a computer and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Performing basic mathematical calculations.
- Equipment/mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Read prescribed measuring devices.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.