Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Assistant Operator TADJob ID 53360
Essential Job Duties:
The Assistant Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient material handling within the plant. He will assist and support all operations, inventory management (gauging tanks and recording material transfers) and production tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform all assistant operator tasks such as loading and unloading trucks, unloading railcars, pumping to all tanks, verifying tank temperatures, aligning valves (open and or closed in proper sequence), starting and shutting off pumps, assisting the Plant Operator with unloading ships and barges, and operating a bobcat and forklift.
- Complete all paper work such as notice of shipments, weighing trucks in and out, and Transfer summary reports.
- Perform all other duties as assigned ie: assisting in PMA production (sealants and paving) or the Package Area when called upon.
- Perform assigned housekeeping duties.
- Comply with All plant rules and policies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Must be able to climb ladders and stand/walk unassisted throughout the facility as required.
- Must be able to demonstrate computer proficiency (basic skills in EXCEL, Outlook, etc.)
- Must have the ability to read and interpret tables and charts.
- Basic mechanical skills and an understanding of valves, pressure and flows.
- Must have regular attendance and be able to work various shifts as needed.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.