Irving, Texas, United States
Operator - TADJob ID 53301
Job Title: Operator
Reports to: Operations Leader
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The purpose of the Operator is to operate the asphalt production process by working as a team to produce batches of high quality asphalt products safely at a fast-paced rate. This job requires excellent self-direction working alone or in small teams with little direct supervision.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notify your supervisor immediately of any accident, near miss or on- the -job injury when it occurs no matter how insignificant it may seem
- Take personal ownership to work safely each and everyday and hold other team members to the same high standards of safety
- Fix unsafe conditions and report them immediately to your leader
- Certify and operate in all of the following areas: Packaging, Truck/Railcar Loading and Unloading, Quality Control Procedures, Pre-heater Operations, Boiler Incinerator, Converter Operations, and Alternate Fuel
- Perform the administrative tracking tasks of data entry, BOL processing, production entry, receiving, and general organization
- Be able to climb up to three floors of stairs, read panel displays, use operations manuals for troubleshooting, use full upper body movement for process, stand up to 12 hours with breaks
- Become certified to operate a forklift
- Be able to lift an asphalt container weighing 100 pounds with assistance
- Test, measure and enter data on quality using our computer system requiring general math skills and the ability to discern variation
- Attend and participate in meetings and training
- Use project management documentation (reading and writing skills), participate in projects and equipment repairs and upgrades with maintenance personnel
- Know and follow all plant environmental control policies and procedures
- Meet team expectations such as reliability, teamwork, and process improvement
- Complies with good housekeeping practices on the job
- Follows all environmental compliance polices & programs
- Comply with all plant rules
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Good communication skills
- Accountability and ownership for actions
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Able to communicate in English
- Ability to read a tape measure and do basic math
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Must be able to operate a computer or other keyboard instrument
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Manufacturing or Asphalt production experience is a plus
- Forklift experience is preferred, but not required
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to stand for 10 - 12 hours straight
- Able to climb and descend stairs for up to 12 hours continuously
- Lift and push and pull 50lbs, up to 100 times per day
- Able to do repetitive hand, arm, leg movements for 12 hours
- Must be able to squat, bend at the waist and knees freely
- Exposure to temperature extremes
- Exposure to sounds or noise levels that maybe uncomfortable
- Bending and twisting
- Handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls
- Able to climb on and off a forklift
It is a requirement to be a U.S. citizen OR have valid proof of authorization to work in the United States.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.To perform this job successfully, the incumbents(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently.Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.