Grove City, Ohio, United States
Day Shift Maintenance TechnicianJob ID 49808
Location: Grove City, Ohio - United States
The Maintenance Tech position is an hourly position and reports to the Technical Leader, but takes daily direction from the Maintenance Team Lead. The employee is responsible for building/modifications of equipment and maintaining machinery including setting up, installing, and repairing by performing the following duties.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all plant rules
- Ensures proper and safe operation of machinery and task performance and that equipment safety devices are in place.
- Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electrical theory and principles
- Prefer knowledge of robot programming and programmable controllers.
- Welding experience is desired as it relates to fabrication, design, & modifications. Types of welding: mig, tig and stick.
- Build equipment for new product and prototypes.
- Diagnose and repair malfunctions in machinery and equipment, when required. (Hydraulics, Electrical, Pneumatic, Mechanical)
- Maintain preventative maintenance schedule and maintenance records.
- Maintain and organize critical spare parts inventory.
- Responsible for housekeeping in all Maintenance areas.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- All other duties as assigned or needed
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years experience in electrical, pneumatics, hydraulics, robotics, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prefer maintenance vocational training certificates
- Prefer PLC/Programming certificates or experience
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, blueprints, procedure manuals, and electrical schematics.
- Ability to work in a team environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is exposed to airborne particles
- This position involves working in a fiberglass insulation environment
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- Overtime as needed to support production
- Follow all safety rules of the facility
- Wear all appropriate PPE
- Inform plant by reporting any safety concerns (Safety Observations)
Understands and follows the Lock/Tag/Try procedure