Fresno, Texas, United States
Shop Room ClerkJob ID 53459
Posting: Storeroom Clerk (Toolroom)
FLSA Status: Hourly; Non-Exempt
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports to: Controller
The Storeroom Clerk is a non-exempt hourly position reporting to the Controller. This position provides clerical, SAP inventory control, and miscellaneous support to maintenance group; significant data entry, record management and tool room maintenance daily; perform special projects; maintain a highly flexible approach to completing duties with the ability to prioritize. Scheduling and prioritizing repetitive tasks and on demand task, placing requisitions in SAP for spare parts and minimizing stocked inventory for budget control.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Maintain orderly and manage warehouse work flow
- • Transfer inventory between building locations
- • Receive maintenance parts in SAP upon arrival
- • Supplement shipping/receiving operations as necessary
- • Setup layout and ensure efficient and functional space utilization
- • Maintains complete open line of communication between the warehouse and all levels of staff as needed.
- • Ensure a high degree of detail and accuracy
- • Respond to customer service requests promptly and resolve issues quickly
- • Maintain maintenance, repair, and operations machinery & equipment (MRO) parts inventory in a cost-effective manner.
- • Complete cycle counts as directed, and research/reconcile discrepancies ensuring numbers match in SAP.
- • Requesting, receiving and stocking of consumables for operations.
- • Inventory management, manage spare parts inventory, incoming and outgoing from supply room.
- • Supervise supply room cleanliness and orderliness.
- • Work with management and maintenance to ensure adequate spare part availability.
- • Control the removal of cycled out parts for recycling.
- • Perform job tasks in a manner to reduce an adverse impact to the environment and adhere to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- • Comply with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- • Perform other related duties consistent with the nature of this position, as directed by the area leader.
Skills and Abilities
- • Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- • Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- • Must have the ability to multi-task
- • Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- • Must work well in a team environment
- • Impeccable written and verbal communication
- • Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- • Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- • Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
Education and/or Experience
- • Must be 18 years or older
- • Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- • Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- • Must be drug and alcohol free
- • Related experience and/or training in an industrial environment
- • Two years storeroom manufacturing experience
- • Operate a computer Microsoft, outlook, excel and other keyboard instruments
- • Clerical office work in support of various functional areas such as; data entry, organization, multi-functional, team player, unquestioned integrity
- • Regular attendance and punctuality
- • Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- • All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position