Fresno, Texas, United States
Maintenance Electrician 1Job ID 53367
Position: Maintenance Electrician
Location: Fresno, TX
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
The purpose of the Maintenance Electrician entails providing maintenance electrical support. Will be responsible for installs and maintains electrical services and equipment such as (1) power lines, lighting fixtures, electrical motors, ventilating equipment, power distribution panels, electrical measuring and recording equipment, etc. (2) electronic related devices such as, circuit boards, components, digital and computer related equipment, etc. Functions safely in the facility so the plant equipment and services perform at maximum levels and minimize unscheduled interruption of the plant operation. Working from written instructions, wiring diagrams, circuit diagrams, and verbal instructions. This role also provides maintenance electrical repairs to industrial machinery as needed to keep a continuous manufacturing process supported.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Observers safety practices to include (but not limited to) arc-flash prevention, Lock, Tag, Try (LTT) safety initiatives, proper tool and equipment usage, proper work ethic, etc. Observe proper safety procedures and responsible for safety of others while working on installations, repairs, and maintenance of all systems.
- • Ability to plan and perform work requiring knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electronic theory and principles, wiring specifications, local and national electrical coeds, properties of various materials, and principles of operation and application of electronic equipment as required.
- • Assigns, distributes monitors and inspects the work of electricians and helpers; evaluates and advises performance to supervisor
- • Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components – photo eyes, motor starters, relays, limit switch, proximity sensors, timers, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, tachs and encoders
- • PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic (read use for troubleshooting), components (CPU back plains, I/O boards, counters, modules and devices) and communication modules (Ethernet)
- • Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- • Ensures operation of machinery and electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on drives, backup power systems, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and other electrical related systems; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications
- • Makes timely and appropriate decisions when an emergency or breakdown occurs so that production interruption is minimized
- • For equipment or processes where maintenance costs are high, where reliability is low, or where chronic problems exist, performs additional analysis to identify appropriate maintenance practices (e.g., Root Cause Failure Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Reliability-centered maintenance analysis)
- • Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing professional and intercompany networks
- • Advise Supervisor of equipment deficiencies and the need for repair or replacement.
- • Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor
- • Run power lines to any production or service equipment outlet or panel, selecting and installing proper size and conductor according to tables and safety codes.
- • Drill holes through beams or partitions; measures, cuts, forms, and attaches conduit pipe and install wires through the conduit.
- • Attach power leads to terminals on motors, controls, panels, transformers, fuse boxes, instruments, etc., and crimp, tighten screw terminals, or solder connections as required
- • Test and check circuit before applying power for safety and to avoid damage. Observe the operating conditions after applying power for any deficiencies and safety hazards
- • Maintain good housekeeping conditions in working area and observe safety regulations and practices
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Electrician function. The essential job function statements shall not be construed as the detailed description of all work requirements inherent to this job classification.
Skills and Abilities
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- • Must be able to read, write, and speak English, bi-lingual Spanish a plus
- • Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- • Knowledge of 4-20ma systems, MCC’s, transfer switching, back-up power systems, low voltage control systems, thermocouples, burner systems, HMI related systems a plus
- • Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- • Must have the ability to multi-task,
- • Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- • Must work well in a team environment and take direction
- • Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- • Must have to ability to do basic mathematical calculations
- • Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
Computer and Software Competencies
The employee must be able to:
- • Operate a computer or other keyboard instruments
Education and/or Experience
The employee should have the following:
- • Must be 18 years or older
- • Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required
- • Advanced Technical Certificate required
- • 4+ years of manufacturing experience; pneumatic, mechanical and industrial skills with some PLC experience.
- • Journeyman Electrician preferred
- • PLC programming experience preferred
- • AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance a plus
- • SAP experience a plus
Additional Required Training
- • Able to interact cooperatively with hourly and salary employees at all levels of the organization
- • All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
Sobre Owens Corning
Owens Corning es la compañía líder global en materiales compuestos para aislamientos, techos y fibra de vidrio. Los productos de aislamiento conservan la energía y mejoran la acústica, la resistencia al fuego y la calidad del aire en los espacios donde la gente vive, trabaja y juega. Los productos y sistemas para techos logran un exterior más atractivo, y protegen casas y edificios comerciales por igual. Los compuestos de fibra de vidrio hacen que miles de productos sean más livianos, sólidos y duraderos. Owens Corning brinda productos y soluciones innovadoras que ofrecen a sus clientes la diferencia en materiales y, eventualmente, hacen que el mundo sea un lugar mejor. La compañía tiene un alcance mundial con operaciones en más de 33 países. Además, tiene un carácter humano con 20 000 empleados que construyen relaciones locales y duraderas con los clientes. Con base en Toledo, Ohio, EE. UU., la compañía facturó $7.1 mil millones en 2018. Fundada en 1938, ha estado en la lista de compañías Fortune 500® durante 64 años consecutivos. Para obtener más información, visite www.owenscorning.com.