Fort Smith, Arkansas, United States
Maintenance ManagerJob ID 53149
Location: Fort Smith, Arkansas - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Maintenance Leader will lead a maintenance team comprised of salaried engineers and hourly maintenance technicians. This position is accountable to deliver reliable plant operations through Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), leading the Planned Maintenance (PM) pillar to drive improvements in safety, quality, productivity, customer focus, and cost. The Maintenance Leader helps establish and execute plant strategy as a member of the plant Natural Leadership Team (NLT).
The successful candidate will develop the maintenance department into a customer-centric team, with a focus on delivering expected results for internal stakeholders, through leadership, training, development, and engagement. Collaboration with all TPM pillar leaders, specifically the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) pillar, will be critical to the success of this role. In addition, the successful candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of leadership and sustained performance associated with plant maintenance and reliability metrics. Excellent interpersonal skills, leadership, driving change, and achieving results through employee engagement are required.
- Supervision, talent development, and engagement of all maintenance personnel.
- Meeting exceptional safety performance, cost management, internal customer needs, quality requirements, and line performance.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, and teamwork.
- Actively promote engagement with the primary workforce
- Align accountabilities of employees with TPM
- Individual and team development
- Efficient capital planning, delivery, and associated asset retirement
- Efficiently utilize plant personnel and equipment to maximize productivity and cost effectiveness in meeting plant business plan
- Advance TPM through leadership of the PM pillar and participation on the TPM Steering Team.
- Ensure coordinated communication and direction across all shifts
- Embody the 100% Leader concept
- Establish and achieve challenging time-bound targets, overcoming barriers and developing alternative solutions
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Science, or Technology
• 3-5 years of leadership in manufacturing environment
• Experience and knowledge in formalized continuous improvement
• Ability to create and drive change
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong change management skills
• Organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives
• Demonstrate self-awareness and take action to continuously improve
• Build strong team alignment and communication
• Provide team member advocacy and drive quality of life enhancements
• Coach, guide, and correct for results
• Efficient use of resources
• Prioritize and adapt to a rapidly-changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong process and financial acumen
• Travel, as required (10-20%)
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.