Delmar, New York
Location: Delmar, New York - United States
This position reports to the Plant Leader, and will have responsibility for Maintenance productivity, quality, and safety in the maintenance operations in a union facility. The position will be responsible for the supervision, training, development and engagement of primary Maintenance employees while in influencing all employees.
The successful person in this position will be a professional Maintenance Leader with proven skills in operations/maintenance. Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven track record of achieving results through people engagement and development are required.
- Supervision, talent development and engagement of 3 maintenance supervisors, and 1 reliability engineer / project manager. Meeting exceptional safety performance, income targets, customer needs, and quality requirements.
- Coordinate with operations leadership to ensure a safe, predictable manufacturing processes and a stable reliable environment.
- Establish a work environment characterized by mutual trust and respect, open and honest communications, teamwork and a passion for winning.
- Coordinate and ensure training needs are identified and met
- Actively promote engagement with the primary workforce
- Align accountabilities of employees with goals of plant PMs
- Develop facilitation skills in self and others to drive and promote team participation
- Monitor and control spare parts inventory and signed out parts
- Oversee installation, repair, and maintenance of plant machinery
- Deliver efficient capital delivery, asset retirement, accurate bill of materials changes, and proper working capital additions.
- Monitor and assign preventative and predictive maintenance orders and work orders
This position reports to the Plant Leader.
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Educate team members on safe operations of new processes or modifications.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the Operations Department to ensure front line leaders and employees believe in and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment at Owens Corning.
- Insure safe execution of all process/product trails, using appropriate tools such as process trial safety reviews, etc.
- Personal Safety Action Plan (PSAP) - implement and review with leader
- Safety Metrics – RIR, First Aids, Near Misses, SAFE, and Critical 6
- Safety Improvement
Execute Delmar’s Plant’s Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Prioritize and implement productivity improvements.
- Participate in Lean Toolkit training and utilize tools on regular basis.
- Participate in and lead Kaizen and 5S events in various work areas throughout plant.
- Support the implementation of standard work initiatives.
- CI Event Participation
Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Implement a personal safety action plan and review with leader
- Ensure a safe work environment through strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety and housekeeping
- Personal Safety Action Plan (PSAP) implement and review with leader
- Safety Metrics – RIR, First Aids, Near Misses, SAFE, Critical 6
- Completion of 5S Implementation Plan
Efficiently utilize plant personnel and equipment to maximize productivity and cost effectiveness in meeting plant business plan
- Operate within the fiscal year’s budget
- Continually monitor spending and develop cost savings opportunities
- Contribute to annual and long-term capital planning process and execution
- Lead equipment modifications and improvement projects to improve safety, housekeeping, product quality, productivity and equipment reliability
- Maximize Job Efficiency, Operating Efficiency, Volume produced per hour, and Conversion Efficiency.
- Cost/M2 within standard
- % Overtime
Develop and maintain a positive labor/management relationship
- Manage labor per the collective bargaining agreement
- Demonstrate a passion for the development of people
- Develop effective and mutually beneficial partnerships with primary workforce continuously improving employee engagement.
- Facilitate successful resolution of conflicts, disputes, grievances
- Engagement Level
- Establish and champion the achievement of a vision for department
- Support cultural changes and efforts to move the culture forward in training, employee involvement, hiring standards, evaluations, corrective actions
- Facilitate group involvement and lead group decision-making
- Provide development plans for maintenance supervisors
- Performance Review Completion
- Performance Management – Complete goals and objectives and follow-up
- Individual Development Plans completion
- Provide ongoing operations statistical updates to lead team and employees
- Communicate financial and statistical data in a manner that the employees can understand and use the information to improve operations
- Ensure coordinated communication and direction across all shifts and through leadership
- All employees are able to speak about statistics and plant updates
- All employees demonstrate their understanding of operating efficiencies by exercising improved work habits and controls
- 5 years Maintenance supervision in manufacturing environment
- Mechanical and Electrical background
- Knowledge of industrial utilities systems
- Experience, knowledge or trained in Six Sigma
- Ability to create and drive change
- Experience in a union environment
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering,
- Ability to travel, as required (10-20%).
- Proficient in use and interpretation of statistical tools.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapid changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Ability to coach and guide for results.
- Leads through safety and corporate vision.
- Possesses strong process and financial acumen.
- Possesses strong change management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong verbal and communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-knowledge and takes action to continuously improve.
- Leverages own and others’ strengths.
- Ability to organize and lead multi-functional teams to achieve plant objectives
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapidly changing environment and balance multiple responsibilities
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.