Dallas, North Carolina, United States
Operations TechnicianJob ID 51987
Location: Dallas, North Carolina - United States
OC Business Title: Operations Technician
Job Title: Operations Technician
Revision Date: 6/13/2018
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Technician is responsible for ensuring the production line runs efficiently with high product quality standards. Technician is a key contributor to the continuous improvement of critical plant performance metrics in the areas of safety, productivity, cost, quality and sustainability.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Production Supervisor
Span of Control: None
Shift: Rotating 4 on, 4 off (first two days: 7a-7p; second two nights: 7p-7a) rotating shift with his/her corresponding team – A, B, C, or D.
- Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand and meets all safety requirements. Safety is a condition of employment.
- Participates in the safety, quality, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) and housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs job tasks to reduce environmental impact and adheres to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- Complies with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Performs cleanup duties at equipment areas, workstations, etc.
- Performs core job duties and operates machinery in various production areas including:
- Binder Room
- Fiber Feed
- Performs alternating production activities at various stages in the manufacturing process to ensure that product output is achieved in accordance with quality standards.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process, inputs and outputs (i.e. KMI’s in safety, quality, delivery, cost, and staffing).
- Analyzes and troubleshoots equipment and performance issues to ensure Operating Efficiencies (OE) and Job Efficiencies (JE) are achieved.
- Performs maintenance tasks on equipment to ensure optimal performance and increased uptime.
- Monitors the specific KPI’s/KAI’s required by the job; reacts to upset conditions and escalates when necessary.
- Maintains an uncompromising adherence to 5S standards; keeps the work area and equipment clean.
- Collaborates with team members and participates in team discussions to achieve the goals of the plant.
- Proactively makes suggestions/proposals to strive for continuous improvement of plant performance.
- Assists with the on-boarding of new employees.
- Trains other team members to perform job duties as needed.
- Demonstrates flexibility to perform various job roles within the manufacturing process as assigned.
- Provides relief to positions of prior qualification as required.
- Establishes goals, prioritizes and organizes actions, timelines and resources.
- Understands the needs of the customer and takes action to address those needs.
- Acts decisively and shows a strong sense of urgency to ensure follow through of established goals.
- Proactively identifies and participates in learning opportunities, and develops expertise in those areas.
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM): Work to drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
Autonomous Maintenance (AM):
- Own the equipment on the line in terms of CIL (cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) standards
- Ability to learn troubleshooting methodology such as cause mapping or five why analysis
- Troubleshooting ability to solve tags created regarding abnormalities
Focused Improvement (FI):
- Combines the collective talents of a company to create an engine for continuous improvement
- Provide the methodology and disciplined approaches to be able to identify and eliminate losses through loss tree deployment
Training & Development (T&D):
- Operators develop skills to routinely maintain equipment and identify emerging problems.
- Maintenance personnel learn techniques for proactive and preventative maintenance.
Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE):
- Eliminates potential health and safety risks, resulting in a safer workplace.
- Specifically targets the goal of an accident-free workplace
- Two-year Associates degree in technical related field or equivalent required
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
- Three or more years of relevant work experience preferred
- Experience in statistical process control preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficient verbal and nonverbal skills
- Must understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently and meet targets
- Must perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must train and coach others
- Must have strong process acumen and high mechanical aptitude
- Must operate a computer and the necessary software to successfully perform job responsibilities
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Must secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
- Must perform well in non-routine work environment
ADDITIONAL REQUIRED TRAINING
- All annual safety and role specific training, as required by the nature of this position
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Rotating shifts – days and nights
- Stand for extended prolonged periods
- Work overtime as needed
- Meet the physical demands of the work environment