Dallas, North Carolina, United States
Material HandlerJob ID 53450
The Dry End Material Handler (DEMH) is responsible for supporting operations through forklift tasks, handling of production materials at the dry end of the line and have responsibility for certain tasks as needed to support Operation Technicians in the Winder/Quality and Rewind/Packaging and partner with Warehouse in product inventory and coordination.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: Shift Leader
Span of Control: None
Performs all functions of the job with specific attention to safe behaviors, environmental stewardship, and housekeeping duties, and reports all non-conformities to management. Responsibilities include but are
not limited to:
Environmental, Health, & Safety
- Lives the Owens Corning Safety Stand and meets all safety requirements.
- Participates in the safety, quality, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) standards and housekeeping programs as established within the plant.
- Performs job tasks to reduce environmental impact and adheres to the environmental regulations and recycling procedures for waste disposal.
- Complies with all plant rules, safety regulations and job hazard analysis (JHA) requirements.
- Safely operate Powered Industrial Vehicles (fork and pole trucks) to move finished goods and/or scrap rolls from the end of the production line into a staging area and Warehouse.
- Assist in removing waste and disposing of properly
- Assist in stocking packaging with materials and replenish dry end materials as needed
- Assist in maintaining 5S Standards
- Maintain standard housekeeping
- Manage cores for winder – cut and move to area as needed
- Check compactors regularly, maintain area, housekeeping
- Ownership of the golden corral area and filter through blocked reasons to streamline rework Unloading and staging of finished goods off-line in the Warehouse
- Repot to and assist at dry end, remove all blue containers and dump waste as needed
Planned Down Time and Change-overs
- Assist warehouse with cleaning and organizing inventory
- Assist in ongoing production needs
- restocking packaging and raw materials
- Efficiently cut and stock materials
Total Productive Maintenance (TPM): Work to drive a Zero Injury, Zero Defect, Zero Loss Culture
Autonomous Maintenance (AM):
- Own the equipment on the line in terms of CIL (cleaning, inspection, and lubrication) standards
- Ability to learn troubleshooting methodology such as cause mapping or five why analysis
- Troubleshooting ability to solve tags created regarding abnormalities
Focused Improvement (FI):
- Combines the collective talents of a company to create an engine for continuous improvement
- Provide the methodology and disciplined approaches to be able to identify and eliminate losses through loss tree deployment
Training & Development (T&D):
- Operators develop skills to routinely maintain equipment and identify emerging problems.
- Maintenance personnel learn techniques for proactive and preventative maintenance.
Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE):
- Eliminates potential health and safety risks, resulting in a safer workplace.
- Specifically targets the goal of an accident-free workplace
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent (required)
- Must be a US citizen or have the right to work in the US
- Must be drug and alcohol free
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to understand verbal and written instructions
- Must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task
- Must have strong internal and external customer service skills
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated to work independently to meet targets
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must have the ability to train and coach others
- Must maintain schedule flexibility to ensure smooth production
- Must be able to secure and maintain job related qualifications and certifications as required by the nature of this position
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES:
The employee must be able to:
- Use basic computer functions
- Log on to company computer system, maintaining electronic communication
- Type accurately
- Use Microsoft Word and Excel
- Use of SAP