Concord, North Carolina, United States
Operations LeaderJob ID 53221
The Concord facility is an integral part of the Composites Solution Business Glass Reinforcements Model. It delivers a key component to Composites facilities. Concord is a non-union facility and is committed to the principles of positive management leadership as essential to our ongoing success. Owens Corning ensures a focus on productivity to remain competitive through the application of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) methodology. The Operations Leader is a key player in the culture change necessary for realizing the benefits of TPM in our overall facility results.
The Concord Operations Leader is responsible for all aspects of the safety, quality, cost and production for the Concord plant. This job is critical to the performance and growth of the facility. This leadership position is accountable for a multi-shift, manufacturing operation and plays an integral role in the establishment of a strong and sustainable safety culture. The Operations Leader must demonstrate leadership across department boundaries to safely produce a quality product, at the lowest possible cost, while remaining compliant with all corporate initiatives.
Suitable candidates will have proven experience leading through personal connection with demonstrated experience utilizing positive employee relations to achieve goals. This leader will benefit from proven successes in a discrete, low volume, high complexity manufacturing environment, where effective change management skills have been applied to advance the mission of the business while maintaining the true identity of the culture.
The position reports to the Plant Leader.
- Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Ensure a safe work environment through strict adherence to OC safety policies and procedures
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of safety and housekeeping
- Be committed to the principles of environmental and product stewardship
- Safety Metrics – RIR, First Aids, Near Misses, SAFE, Critical 6, Behavior Based Observations, HRC
- Completion of 5S Implementation Plan & standard generation throughout the facility
- TPM Deployment
- Provide leadership to ensure product quality
- Partner with peers, engineers, etc. to constantly meet/exceed customer expectations
- Focus on Quality Assurance tools and maintain quality standards
- Provide leadership to all operation manufacturing process areas.
- Customer Feedback
- Quality Assurance, Scrap Reduction/Elimination
- Inventory Management
- TPM Deployment – QM, FI, Focus
- Efficiently develop and leverage plant personnel and equipment to maximize productivity and cost effectiveness in meeting plant business plan
- Increase value of enterprise by identifying and eliminating waste to improve safety, quality, and productivity by utilizing Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5S and TPM methodologies
- Define, establish, and direct the workforce, physical assets, budgets and objectives of the area teams to the budgeted levels
- Lead equipment modifications and improvement projects to improve safety, housekeeping, product quality, productivity and equipment reliability
- Operate within or better than the fiscal year’s budget
- Continually monitor spending and develop cost savings opportunities
- Contribute to annual and long-term capital planning process and execution
- Maximize Job Efficiency, Operating Efficiency, Volume produced per day, and Conversion Efficiency.
- Labor Cost
- % Overtime
- Schedule Attainment
- TPM Deployment – AM/PM focus
- Maintain controlled and capable processes with emphasis on inventory levels
- Optimize WIP with focused improvement projects
- Labor Hour / Kg
- Develop and maintain positive employee relations
- Demonstrate commitment for building a high-performance workplace environment that nurtures and facilitates open communications, employee engagement and values diversity
- Demonstrate a passion for the development of people
- Develop effective and mutually beneficial partnerships with primary workforce continuously improving employee engagement
- Facilitate dispute/conflict resolution process successfully
- Talent Development
- Engagement Level
- Change Management Effectiveness
- Talent: Leading Leaders
- Establish and champion the operations vision
- Committed to advancing leadership capabilities in self and others
- Maintain a focus on effective communications
- Effectively lead cultural changes and initiatives that move the culture forward in training, employeeinvolvement , hiring standards, evaluations, corrective actions
- Facilitate group involvement and lead group decision-making
- Provide development plans for direct reports to realize and promote an environment of continuous learning
- Ensure direct reports are competent, aligned, and leading operations as a group
- Set clear and measurable performance expectations, and establish, communicate, and regularly review commitments to ensure employee milestones are achieved as planned
- Performance Review Completion
- Performance Management – Complete goals and objectives and follow-up
- RoS – Role of Supervisor deployment, effectiveness, and sustainability
- Talent share – external to Concord - Promoter of talent.
- Leadership Capabilities for Growth
- Communicate expectations around continuous improvement and TPM with all team members
- Provide ongoing operations key process indicator updates to lead team and employees
- Communicate financial and statistical data in a manner that the employees can understand and use the information to improve operations. Utilize Six Sigma, 5S, TPM, or Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Ensure coordinated communication and direction across all shifts and through leadership
- Act as an agent for positive change, continually raising the bar with the objective of attaining and sustaining world class manufacturing performance as defined by CSB Manufacturing Leadership
- All employees are able to speak about operational metrics / statistics and plant updates
- All employees demonstrate their understanding of operating efficiencies by exercising improved work habits and controls
- Provide up to date and correct data including SQDC boards throughout plant.
- 5-7 years manufacturing leadership experience required
- Six Sigma Green Belt, TPM or experience in Continuous Improvement preferred
- Experience making high-impact decisions in fast-paced environment
- Experience utilizing computer programs and Microsoft Office products to deliver effective reports and presentation
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business, or related field
- Possesses strong manufacturing process and financial acumen
- TPM, Lean, or Six Sigma methodologies
- Grows and mentors talent
- Possesses strong change management skills
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.