Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Utility 1Job ID 53309
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist production operators throughout the plant as necessary for two (+) person work load.
- Rotation through each position as necessary to allow for cross-training and to provide absentee backup and short term break relief anywhere on the production line.
- Inspect material to ensure critical to quality specifications are built in - determine if first or second quality material.
- Ensure proper disposition of all second quality material and rewrap consistent with standard operating procedures.
- Assist machine operators in start-up, re-start, and shut-down as needed throughout the plant to ensure efficient operations.
- Perform work at Auto Catcher of Pattern Cutter-clearing jams, resetting machine, rotating with other Utility employees.
- Active engagement in the plant's Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efforts through maintaining 5S standards and area/pillar activities as assigned.
- General housekeeping throughout the plant, shipping department, and grounds
- Follow the company waste management program - separate all recyclable material and discard waste into the appropriate containers to ensure sustainability efforts maximized
- Remain actively 100% engaged in all safety initiatives and comply with all plant safety regulations
- Operate powered industrial vehicles – forklift, scissor lift, floor sweeping equipment
- Comply with all plant rules and corporate policies with regard to business conduct
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular onsite attendance
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Properly use tools and housekeeping resources (examples – mop, broom, powered industrial floor scrubber, shovel, pick, paint brush, lawn mower, weed eater, rake, etc.)
- Forklift certification (hands on and written)
- Operate an industrial compactor safely
- Utilize a flamed heating device safely for rewrapping seconds materials.
- Assess and only operate equipment when all guarding and safety devices are in proper working order
- Visually identify and discern first quality vs. second quality finished goods
- Verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE COMPENTENCIES
The employee must be able to:
- Log into and navigate via keyboard Globalink to access PeopleSoft for paycheck/benefits enrollment information, Owens Corning University (OCU) and accomplish required online training routinely
- May be required to log into and navigate SAP for work notifications
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
The employee should have the following:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The employee should possess the ability to:
- Ability to routinely lift up to 40 lbs without assistance
- Ability to routinely lift up to 80 lbs with assistance
- Work for up to 12 hours in extreme hot/cold manufacturing environment
- Walk/stand on concrete floors continuously for up to 12 hours
- Routinely ascend and descend stairs and ladders as work area requires
- Safeguard self with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) – steel toed shoes, eye protection (glasses, goggles, and/or facemask) as necessary for task
- Ability to rotate and work shift work