Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in electrical , mechanical, beginner level PLC, alignment, etc. repair on industrial equipment.
- Assist with training Operators toward autonomous upkeep of their equipment.
- Performs any type of electric arc and acetylene welding and cutting
assignments using generally accepted welding and cutting procedures (includes soldering, brazing, inert gas welding, etc.)
- Must be proficient in the safe use of all machine shop equipment, hand tools, power tools
and precision instruments.
- Perform regular fire and safety inspection and issues reports.
- Transformers, medium voltage motor starters, motor control center (MCC)
structures (main breaker & bus), interlocked armour cables, large circuit breakers
main disconnects, furnace power regulators, furnace firing transformers, 480/277
volt lighting distribution panels, etc.
- Conduit, wiring, or electrical equipment installation – (except for replacement of
damaged flexible conduit and re-securing conduit mountings).
- Repair, replacement, checkout, or troubleshooting of Burner control systems
including ANY system requiring flame safety supervisory controls such as
asphalt booster heater, HVAC boiler, oven zone burners, incinerator burners,
large Hartzell heaters.
- Repair or replacement of facility lighting fixtures (in and out of doors locations)
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Provide verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic PLC
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
- Basic Welding
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Good attention to detail