Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participates in electrical , mechanical, beginner level PLC, alignment, etc. repair on industrial equipment.
- Assist with training Operators toward autonomous upkeep of their equipment.
- Performs any type of electric arc and acetylene welding and cutting
assignments using generally accepted welding and cutting procedures (includes soldering, brazing, inert gas welding, etc.)
- Must be proficient in the safe use of all machine shop equipment, hand tools, power tools
and precision instruments.
- Perform regular fire and safety inspection and issues reports.
- Transformers, medium voltage motor starters, motor control center (MCC)
structures (main breaker & bus), interlocked armour cables, large circuit breakers
main disconnects, furnace power regulators, furnace firing transformers, 480/277
volt lighting distribution panels, etc.
- Conduit, wiring, or electrical equipment installation – (except for replacement of
damaged flexible conduit and re-securing conduit mountings).
- Repair, replacement, checkout, or troubleshooting of Burner control systems
including ANY system requiring flame safety supervisory controls such as
asphalt booster heater, HVAC boiler, oven zone burners, incinerator burners,
large Hartzell heaters.
- Repair or replacement of facility lighting fixtures (in and out of doors locations)
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Regular Attendance on site and ability to rotate to varying shifts
- All other duties as assigned or needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The employee should hold the following abilities:
- Provide verifiable and sustained authorization to work in the United States
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic PLC
- Basic Blueprint & Schematic reading
- Proficient in SAP PM Module
- Basic Welding
- Able to think under pressure and make quick decisions
- Ability to work well in a team or alone
- Good attention to detail
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.