Anderson, South Carolina
Location: Anderson, South Carolina - United States
The Human Resources Generalist has shared responsibility for all areas of HR administration at the unionized Starr, SC manufacturing facility. Scope of work includes a heavy focus on training & development along with recruiting, onboarding, employee engagement, wellness programming, performance management, and employee/labor relations. This is a key position in the Human Resources Department and will be a primary point of contact for employees.
The Human Resources Generalist is a key role within our HR talent pipeline aimed at developing future HR leaders within our progressive, people-focused work environment by creating opportunities to learn and grow. This position is intended to prepare individuals for promotional or expanded HR roles in the Company.
Join an organization that believes that every employee owns a piece of our bold growth goals and ultimate success. We are a market-leading innovator that has placed on the Fortune 500®. Owens Corning is devoted to delivering sustainable solutions across our three business segments while striving to ensure our people and products make the world a better place. We take pride in having an inclusive and diverse workplace with employees around the globe. A holistic sense of community exists across our entire organization as our talent grows globally. We are a company that fully recognizes the importance of paving a path to a sustainable and safe enterprise through investing in our people. Our desire to make an impactful difference in the world flows from top down to all levels of the organization. By being a company that instills pride within each and every employee, we aspire to build market-leading businesses; global in scope - human in scale.
Reports to: HR Leader
Span of Control: No Direct Reports
- Supports implementation of a clear strategy to deliver business results and improvement.
- Supports front line leadership to ensure consistent application of policies, programs and procedures focused on driving capability and performance to deliver on key business priorities. Proven ability to conduct employee investigations ensuring effective review and follow up.
- Facilitates training programs as needed throughout the year at various levels within organization: Primary, Front Line Leader, and Site Leadership.
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) Support – along with other members of HR team, supports the assessment, training, and implementation of TPM, especially in the Training and Development pillar where this role will lead execution efforts; partners with other OC Composites sites to share best practices and elevate the performance of the business as a whole.
- Employee engagement - drives Starr site employee engagement and communication strategy/execution; leads annual engagement survey, data collection, communication, development and implementation of resulting action plans.
- Safety Leadership – joins the Starr team in ensuring a clear and effective measurement system is followed and used to drive results; rewards and celebrates safe behavior and achievements; ensures accountability; leads proactive safe behavior and drives participation of operators in site Safety programs.
- Labor Relations – assists HR Leader in preparing for, and participating in, LR activities including CBA negotiations, arbitrations, etc.
- Leads Reward and Recognition programs, Wellness programs, and Community Involvement efforts for the plant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business, Psychology/Sociology or related field;
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 2-5 years Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience in working in a union environment preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Kronos, SAP necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strategy and Execution - Ability to create, implement, and communicate tactics for execution, enabling strategy attainment and delivery of results
- Safety - Engages and cares for others, promoting safety as a condition of employment
- Growth - Encompasses skills necessary of growth capability: ideation, evaluation, & action
- Talent Attraction & Development - Strong talent assessment skills, demonstrable recruitment, coaching & employee engagement skills, idea generation & collaboration ability with various organization levels in hierarchy.
- Detail Oriented – Takes ownership of all aspects of the role including short term tasks and long term projects to ensure that each is completed precisely.
- Self-Development - Desire to continuously learn, develop and expand responsibilities and impact on the organization.
- TPM - Awareness of TPM system. Awareness of TPM tools: A3, Ishikawa, PM Analysis, Infinity Loop, 5W + 2H, etc.
- OC Values - Self-awareness and connection to: Innovation, Sharing, Fun, Respect, Candor, Accountability
About Owens Corning
Owens Corning is a global leader in insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composite materials. Its insulation products conserve energy and improve acoustics, fire resistance, and air quality in the spaces where people live, work, and play. Its roofing products and systems enhance curb appeal and protect homes and commercial buildings alike. Its fiberglass composites make thousands of products lighter, stronger, and more durable. Owens Corning provides innovative products and solutions that deliver a material difference to its customers and, ultimately, make the world a better place. The business is global in scope, with operations in 33 countries. It is also human in scale, with approximately 20,000 employees cultivating local and longstanding relationships with customers. Based in Toledo, Ohio, USA, the company posted 2018 sales of $7.1 billion. Founded in 1938, it has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Owens Corning is an equal opportunity employer.