Amarillo, Texas, United States
Financial AnalystJob ID 52922
Location: Amarillo, Texas - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Plant Financial Analyst partners with leaders to provide financial analytics that drive business results in support of the short-term and long-term value of the assets, liabilities and investments of the business segment. The position delivers analysis as part of the finance processes, linking financial results to operational performance drivers. The position interfaces with internal customers and stakeholders and corporate finance functions, driving continuous improvement to deliverables and processes supporting these customers. The Financial Analyst will be a dynamic leader within the business by providing valuable decision support analysis and driving business success. The position is an important part of the financial talent pipeline and serves as a feeder for manufacturing finance roles as well as corporate roles (i.e. plant controller, corporate financial analyst, etc.).
Reports to: Plant Controller
Span of Control: No direct reports
Influence the performance of the business segment
- Provide decision support by financial modeling, business case analysis and financial/management reporting.
- Gather, compile, analyze, prepare and summarize data for complex financial projects/subjects such as planning, formulating and conducting financial studies to define performance plans for short and long-range business segment goals.
- Evaluate financial implications of specific business decisions/opportunities and advises management accordingly to ensure targeted financial performance achievement.
- Exercise judgment to determine appropriate course of action and prepare business recommendations based on sound financial analysis.
- Participates in the development of strategic and operational objectives for the segment that are aligned to Corporate and Group strategic objectives
- Create analysis using the Business Information system to drive the financial performance of the business
Create Accurate Forecasts while managing clear, controlled Reporting and Analysis
- Participates in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the segment
- Monitors the monthly closing process in conjunction with the Accounting team
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan, forecast, and prior year
- Drives group forecasting process through collaboration across the business
- Provides risk analysis for contingency planning
- Provides insightful and competitive analytics that anticipate change and drive decision making
- Apply external perspective and maintain knowledge of the segment’s competitive environment, market conditions, customers, and profit drivers.
- Provide effective and timely financial information, thoughtful business insights/analytics and business performance evaluations to ensure that Business leaders are effective in creating and executing the business segment’s strategy and operating plan.
Communicate financial and business performance clearly and with impact
- Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner
- Translate the strategic and operational plans of the business into communications to a broad based audience including the Group President and leadership team, Executive Committee, Operating Committee, and external investors
- Supports quarterly disclosure processes within the business segments including MD&A preparation and review of business results, SEC disclosures and business narratives, employee communications and review of business results with internal and external auditors
Lead across the Company, business group, and Finance function
- Live the Safety stand, adhering to safety responsibilities.
- Team with others across the Company, business group and Finance function to maximize performance of Owens Corning and lead change.
- Influence Business Segment leaders and elevate the performance of the Finance function.
- Lead the continuous improvement of systems, tools, and methodologies across the Finance function and throughout the segment.
- Is an effective member of the segment finance team.
- Acts as a resource to the non-financial leaders of the business by teaching financial acumen and business information concepts to ensure that financial based decision making occurs throughout the corporation.
- Work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve plant, division or corporate objectives
- Share business and financial best practices across the segment, group and Company.
Lead an effective financial controls environment
- Support process of ensuring that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including; data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies and governmental regulations (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.)
- Maintain a clear tone regarding business conduct, ethics, the law and financial controls.
- Ensure assets are safe-guarded in order to maximize financial performance.
- Solve controls issues at the “root cause” and create broad organizational learning.
- Maintain independence in the view and assessment of the business control environment.
- Raise all issues of significant risk and non-compliance to the Financial Leader for the business group.
- At least 2 years of progressive financial analysis experience in a manufacturing/corporate environment
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement process improvements
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and PowerPoint) skills
- Must be open to relocate in the future for professional growth opportunities
- Demonstrated process focus and organized work style
- Functioning in a highly-matrixed structure across functional, business, geographic and cultural boundaries
- Developing business cases and enrolling leaders at all levels in taking appropriate action
- Experience with SAP, Business Objects, and Business Warehouse or similar systems required
- Demonstrated rate of growth and success in prior roles
- Experience with financial planning and forecasting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong financial and analytical acumen
- Corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles, understands P&L and balance sheet dynamics, principles of cost control/management
- Develops and uses knowledge of customers, competition, and the market to drive business decisions
- Distills multiple points of view and inputs to develop near and long-term actions
- Effective listening skills, with flexibility in approach to solutions.
- Can successfully form and then share candid and sometimes unpopular messages
- Post-graduate education or certification preferred – MBA, CPA, etc.
- Must be a self-starter, be an active participant on teams, and proactively meet with internal or external customers to meet their needs
- Must be able to manage many projects simultaneously and prioritize workload appropriately
- Must be able to respond easily and quickly to shifting business priorities
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level, has a bias for proactive action
- Enjoys keeping score to know whether the business segment is winning
- Loves the best ideas, not his/her own ideas
- Can teach and communicate in simple, impacting terms
- Gets others to open up, offer information, and share points of view
- Functions in a manner that defines winning for the team rather than the individual
- Operates with independent objectivity, does not allow feelings, relationships, or biases to distract reasoning
- Owns misses and learns from failure
- Ability to develop strong partnership/teambuilding relationships
- Has an operating style, awareness of self, and ability to adapt across various cultures and multiple environments
- Ability to adapt quickly to new systems and a changing business environment