National Account Manager
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The National Account Manager provides commercial leadership for the insulation business within the building materials market. This includes managing National Contractors and Distribution Customers. The National Account Manager is accountable for creating and executing business strategies while developing sales plans that create value for key national customers and Owens Corning. As a member of the Insulation team, the National Accounts Sales Leader demonstrates teamwork and commitment to the success of the business segment.
The location of this position is open, must be close to a major airport.
Reports to: Director of Sales
1. Knowing the Customers
The National Account Manager will lead by having intimate business insight and knowledge of business segment customers, their businesses, what is necessary for the customer to be successful. The Leader will understand the differential value of our current and future products and programs. This role will quantify and understand the market/knowing current product portfolio and capabilities to identify and select new customers that fit the business growth strategy. Critical to the role is establishing and maintaining day-to-day senior-level relationships with key customers and identifying opportunities for growth.
The National Account Manager has accountability for building deep a understanding of the industry, markets, customers and key influences to the customer’s through Customer Discovery data and demonstrated listening skills.
- Achievement of customer action plans, inspired through the Customer Discovery process and beyond
- Sales revenue from new and existing products
- Gross Margin
- Share Gain
2. Strategy Development and Execution
The National Account Manager works with the Director of Sales, support the ASM’s efforts to gain market share through National Contractors and supports National Distributors at local level. The National Sales Leader provides the following insights specific to the national business strategy as input to the overall sales strategy:
- Economic impacts
- Market and industry trends
- Customer and channel specific forecasting
- The un-met needs of customers and the market
3. Sales Operations Direction
The National Account Manager develops, communicates and leads annual sales plan for the business segment(s) consistent with near-term requirements for financial and non-financial performance and long-term strategic requirements. The leader monitors market data and customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
- Sales performance to plan and prior year (e.g. pricing)
- Sales performance versus market conditions
- Sales performance versus competition
- Continuous improvement and realization of non-financial goals:
- Market share
- Customer Action Plans implementation
- Audit performance
- Business conduct
4. Leading and Developing Talent
The National Account Manager assists to create an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management and talent evaluation systems. This role continuously invests in personal development and the growth and development of the talent in within the organization.
This role is accountable for creating teamwork across staff functions and other business groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people.
- Extraordinary talent additions through external recruiting
- 360 feedback
- Feedback from General Manager, Vice President / Director of Sales, customers and Commercial Leadership team members/peers
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required
- Influencing and providing indirect leadership to others in a sales, marketing, or business team (4+ years)
- Building strong customer relations
- Influencing for success in an organization in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions
- Operating across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Increasing margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new customers
- Participating in the development of strategic plans
- Understanding impacts of and influencing codes / public policy for future business growth
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, competition, and the market
- Strong business and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs
- Demonstrated ability to develop a functional operating plan
- Demonstrated ability to increase margins
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Passionate and energetic communicator and leader
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Intelligent, creative, analytical
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information
- Weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures.
About Owens CorningOwens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2016 sales of $5.7 billion and employs about 17,000 people in 33 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 63 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.