Sr Sustainability Analyst
Location: Granville, Ohio - United States
Sustainability is embedded in the company values at Owens Corning. We define sustainability as meeting the needs of the present without compromising the world we leave to the future. Our commitment to sustainability drives us to consider the economic, social and environmental impacts of everything we do.
The Sr. Sustainability Analyst provides cross-functional leadership and support to many organizations throughout the company including: legal, investor relations, community relations, communications, and human resources. The role will also provide considerable exposure with executive level leadership and, at the operational level, require significant interaction with environmental teams at each facility across the organization’s businesses. The Sr. Sustainability Analyst will be accountable to identify discrepancies and anomalies within large datasets, build and develop complex models, create data visualizations, and generate reports to communicate results. They are expected to make data-driven decisions that drive change across global teams. The Sr. Sustainability Analyst must be well-organized and able to manage multiple projects while simultaneously delivering results in a fast-paced environment. They must be able not only to present results to leaders within the organization but also to disseminate them throughout the company in a meaningful way. This individual must be able to engage both internal and external stakeholders.
Reports to: Senor Sustainability Leader, Sustainability Analytics and Reporting
Location: Granville Science & Technology
- Analytics and Data Management
- Conduct in-depth analysis of sustainability data using traditional and advanced methods. Develop key statistical analysis and reports
- Develop sustainability models and forecasting tools to support strategic plans
- Ensures integrity and quality of sustainability reporting and statistical data
- Identifies process inefficiencies and information gaps and bridges those gaps through process design and re-engineering as it relates to forecasting, planning and data modeling
- Works closely with the Sustainability team to ensure timely and accurate reporting of sustainability related information.
- Utilize external benchmarking to create best-in-class initiatives in both data collection and analysis
- Locate and develop new data sources and/or basic analytical models and projects
- Support complex process improvement and project management engagement
- Perform audits of sustainability records to ensure accuracy of data and effectiveness of standards
- Support external verification efforts through data analytics, system support, and recommendations for scope and scale
- Sustainability Reporting Internal and External
- Identify, research, and evaluate potential sustainability efforts for feasibility and impact against corporate goals
- Develop and implement standards while monitoring and assessing progress against achieving company goals
- Continuously builds an intimate knowledge of our businesses to provide insightful analysis for comparison of actual results to submitted plans and forecasts.
- Demonstrated skill in bringing others together with diverse and sometimes conflicting ideas, approaches and points of view, and collaborating to reach appropriate decisions and solutions
- Ability to influence key members of the organization; a true team player with the capability to work across different stakeholder groups and hierarchies
- Development of rigorous and auditable data quality and control programs including detailed documentation.
- Examples of reports include: Dow Jones Sustainability Index, Owens Corning Annual Sustainability Report, CDP Climate and Water, CR Magazine, UN Global Compact, Just Capital, MSCI, Bloomberg, EcoVadis, OEKOM, Sustainalytics, Better Plants, Corporate Knights, and various internal and external requests.
- 3-5 years of experience in a business analyst, data analyst, or statistical analyst role
- Experience in multi-national, manufacturing corporations in a corporate setting desirable.
- Bachelors’ degree (or higher) in mathematics, engineering, science, or sustainability, or a related field that supports this position
- Project Leadership – previous execution in executing small to large scale projects
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Ability to accumulate, organize and manipulate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems and their causes. The ability to compare, contrast and combine information to determine underlying issues
- Identifies associations between seemingly independent events to recognize trends in data, problems before they arise and possible cause-effect relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (written/verbal), combined with the ability to work with colleagues across various geographies, including logically structuring and delivering presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage time and execute tasks independently.
- Organized, deliberate, and reliable in structuring work, and effective problem solver. Experience in working on cross-functional and multi-department enterprise-wide projects.
- Demonstrated ability in project management, time management, juggling priorities, being accountable to various stakeholders
- Demonstrated effective public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to create and drive change and effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments
- High level of personal integrity to be able to maintain the company’s compliance and address identified deficiencies
- Ability to translate complex requirements into understandable and manageable programs
- A passion for and knowledge of the principles behind sustainability, environmental practices, policies, compliance, and regulations
About Owens CorningOwens Corning (NYSE: OC) develops, manufactures and markets insulation, roofing, and fiberglass composites. Global in scope and human in scale, the company’s market-leading businesses use their deep expertise in materials, manufacturing and building science to develop products and systems that save energy and improve comfort in commercial and residential buildings. Through its glass reinforcements business, the company makes thousands of products lighter, stronger and more durable. Ultimately, Owens Corning people and products make the world a better place. Based in Toledo, Ohio, Owens Corning posted 2017 sales of $6.4 billion and employs 19,000 people in 37 countries. It has been a Fortune 500® company for 64 consecutive years. For more information, please visit www.owenscorning.com.
A career at Owens Corning offers the ability to enhance your expertise and achieve your personal and professional aspirations. Through it all, we’ll empower you with an environment that encourages open communication and big ideas, competitive pay for your performance, comprehensive benefits, and more opportunities to make your impact.
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
Owens Corning is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability.